Really need help.

ptpeter

n00b
Hey guys,

I heard you all pretty much really know your stuff so I thought I would ask a question. I'm building a new pc with a 3200 Venice core and PCI-E mobo. My only problem is if I should get a 6600 gt for now and play it for a year and then upgrade or of if i should spend 290 and get a 800xl. I really rather not spend 380 for a 6800 gt. Which would make more sense? And my second question is if anyone knows if there are likely to be any ATI or Nvidia price drops in the next month? If so any ideas?

Thanks a ton, im really pumped to build this but im just freaked about messing up getting the wrong card.

Get the 6600GT....Not only is it a great card in its own right, it is native to PCIE and you don't have to get married to it if you see something better....you should be able to find for less than $185.

My vote goes for the X800XL. Its a helluva bargain. I don't know how much research you have done on the card, but for most games out there it will best a 6800GT. If you get the 6600GT, you will find yourself wanting to just upgrade again soon. If you go with the X800XL, you should get atleast double the life out of it over a 6600GT.

Back