Christ, man..
Regular LCD, 60 hz.
If a 3D (well, one that uses polygons, not like a 2D indie production) game runs a steady 60 fps, I can tell. If the 3D game runs a steady 120 fps (like cutting the hell down on detail and resolution in BF3), I can tell. If it runs at 30, I can tell.
On a CRT, I didn't bother going past maxfps 95 in Quake 2, but that was a noticeable difference, and a highly helpful one in action.
A lot of people have a thing for highest image quality, full detail and AA, no matter the frame rate hit they take, they are easy kills and big complainers.
Once I get my 79XX I'll continue my über high FPS BF3 career.
You are allowed to call me nuts.
I'll call you nuts with no problem, you should possibly think about stepping away from the computer for a while and spend some time in the "real" world.