Swishbish33
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2005
- Messages
- 177
I'm still confused about memory on an A64 as it pertains to real world performance. I understand the difference between 1T and 2T in real world performance, but what confuses me is this: At what point do the relaxed timings on a 2x1gb setup hamper its performance compared to 4x512mb? In other words, what is better, 2x1gb of Crucial Value running at 230mhz at 3-3-3-8 or 4x512mb of Twinmos SP (or something similar) at its OC'd ceiling in that setup? I'm not interested in benchmarks, only real world performance.
I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, I have searched but I haven't exactly found an answer. Thanks so much guys.
EDIT: I meant on a s939 platform. Thanks.
I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, I have searched but I haven't exactly found an answer. Thanks so much guys.
EDIT: I meant on a s939 platform. Thanks.