Real Architects Rate Video Game Levels

HardOCP News

[H] News
Let me get this straight, real world architects (from The Architects Journal) have selected the best architecture from the world of video games? As much as I hate to admit it, that is a really cool idea! Well, at least I thought so.

The prevalent use of local sandstone and homogeneous approach to design make for an environment that is comparable to the Regency spa towns of Harrogate or Bath. The indigenous material is ubiquitous - whether left rough in rural settings (to encourage the growth of moss and lichens) or finished smooth for urban environments, it lends a sense of grandeur to the to local buildings.

I agree with WoW being #1. I've always thought it would be cool to recreate Org somewhere in the real world.

Oh hell yes, I'm so glad they put the Scumm Bar in there. More grog!

These are commentaries by "real" architects??? :confused:

I'm guessing that at best they're really bored...

or really unemployed...

or just really bad.

I was all baited (for whatever reason) and ready to catch something really interesting.
Oh well. Next!
*chuckles*

I agree with WoW being #1. I've always thought it would be cool to recreate Org somewhere in the real world.

That would be amazing. hahaha.
7221e5c8ec6b08ef6d3f9ff3ce6eb1d1.gif

Lately Volition said their designers and dev's had to think more like architects for Red Faction: Guerilla than probably any other game that's been released live. I would say this type of stuff doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Back