Razer's new pc gaming campaign?

V for Vendetta paraphrasing makes me sad. The original speech was great, this speech just sad :(

I like the email verification message though lol

"You are now one step closer to joining us against the tyranny of closed networks.
It is time to stand up against shoddy console ports and sub-par console graphics.
It is time to return to the original gaming platform."

They even had a full page ad for this out in the WSJ today of all places.

I'm betting in the end it's just some overglorified marketing for some new product of theirs. Not getting my hopes at all.

I really like Razer's products even tho they've got shoddy software, I'm still pulling for them and so I'd like to think they're spearheading a campaign to get better PC games. If it turns out this is just for something lame like a Modern Warfare 3 edition keyboard, I'm gonna be pissed.

I really like Razer's products even tho they've got shoddy software, I'm still pulling for them and so I'd like to think they're spearheading a campaign to get better PC games. If it turns out this is just for something lame like a Modern Warfare 3 edition keyboard, I'm gonna be pissed.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's something alone those lines. Some gadget that will work on both PCs and consoles. Whooptie-doo.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised and proven wrong.

After having watched the "century of the self" documentary yesterday, it's all the same to me - Razer will appeal to "pc-gamers" and sell yet another random "gamer"-gadget.

I'll bite if its a matte blackwidow with cherry browns tho

It will be that motion controller they have been teasing with for the last year or two.

Terrible firmware, horrible build quality, etc. As you can tell, I don't really like any of Razer's products.

Terrible firmware, horrible build quality, etc. As you can tell, I don't really like any of Razer's products.

Doin't know... wouldn't swap the Naga for any earlier mice I had... really had no problem with it. I only had problems with Logitech soft/hardware, and never again getting anything from them. G9 scroll problem anyone? :p

Doin't know... wouldn't swap the Naga for any earlier mice I had... really had no problem with it. I only had problems with Logitech soft/hardware, and never again getting anything from them. G9 scroll problem anyone? :p

I've got two G9's and I've never had issues with them. I can't say the same for my Razer Black Widow or my Razer Boomslang.

Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't trade my Deathadder for anything and that's with me coming off a G9. Hands down the best, most comfortable mouse I've ever used. My Carcharias headset is equally as awesome in sound quality and comfort. I loved my Black Widow but the software was buggy as hell so I returned it but the keyboard itself was great.

Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't trade my Deathadder for anything and that's with me coming off a G9. My Carcharias headset is equally as awesome in sound quality and comfort. I loved my Black Widow but the software was buggy as hell so I returned it but the keyboard itself was great.

You haven't tried a quality mechanical keyboard apparently. Even the key caps suck on the Razer.

Can't say too much about their other components, but Razer mice have always reminded me a bit of a sports car. Great performance, but not always reliable. That being said, I've had my Lachesis for years now with 0 issues. The "hassle" of having them send you a replacement is worth it, IMO.

Probably just some lame PR stunt for a Razer product.

Can't say I really care, I have yet to use a good razer product.

Can't say too much about their other components, but Razer mice have always reminded me a bit of a sports car. Great performance, but not always reliable. That being said, I've had my Lachesis for years now with 0 issues. The "hassle" of having them send you a replacement is worth it, IMO.

Yeah i know a lot of people who have had razer mice die on them, some more than once!

Yeah i know a lot of people who have had razer mice die on them, some more than once!

I bought a mouse off of woot. It lasted about 2 years and died. It was a really nice mouse. Im still contemplating getting another one.

Been using my Razer Death Adder for 3 years now and it's still going strong. Bought it used too, maybe you guys shouldn't be throwing the mice around when you get mad? ;)

Razer makes excellent mice and the headphones are great too. I have been using Razer mice for 5 years without any major issues. I don't think replacing a mouse every 2 years is asking too much. I use it everyday for hours. The return on investment is huge for the performance.

The new 7.1 headset should be amazing as well.

I applaud Razer for taking a stand for PC gamers. It seems that PC gamers have recently been shit on and overlooked for the console crowd.

they are just releasing a new line of products for pc made for battlefield 3 with a copy of battlefield 3 pc version

Razer...meh. I'm not their biggest fan. Currently using a Diamondback but it has its fair share of problems. Definitely going to go with a Logitech mouse for my next one, they just feel more solid overall, everything from the software to the build quality.

I do like that they're trying to "revive" PC gaming (IMO its not dead to begin with, but whatever). Interesting that they have a lot of gaming "celebrities" wearing their logo now, i.e. Swifty and Athene

This seems like an attempted build-up to be followed by a let-down when the actual announcement comes.

You haven't tried a quality mechanical keyboard apparently. Even the key caps suck on the Razer.

I like my Blackwidow. I have heard of build quality issues, but I haven't had any problems (though I know that doesn't mean no one else has problems :p) I also have a Das Keyboard which I think feels nicer (though that might be because the Das has Browns instead of Blues), the Das also cost me 50% more than the Blackwidow so its really 2 different price bands for me. Just like my HD650s make my ATH-AD700s sound like shit and feel uncomfortable despite the fact everyone else says they sound great and are super comfortable, two (very) different price ranges though.

But I agree, for the most part the Razer products I've used feel "cheap" (even though they're on the expensive side :p).

Last edited:
I like my Blackwidow. I have heard of build quality issues, but I haven't had any problems (though I know that doesn't mean no one else has problems :p) I also have a Das Keyboard which I think feels nicer (though that might be because the Das has Browns instead of Blues), the Das also cost me 50% more than the Blackwidow so its really 2 different price bands for me. Just like my HD650s make my ATH-AD700s sound like shit and feel uncomfortable despite the fact everyone else says they sound great and are super comfortable, two (very) different price ranges though.

But I agree, for the most part the Razer products I've used feel "cheap" (even though they're on the expensive side :p).

For me, it came down between a Black Widow and a Das Keyboard, and I ultimately settled on a Das keyboard. Mainly because I do more programming than I do gaming, so I valued the better typing experience the Das provides over the gimicky gamer features of the Black Widow. So I can't speak for the build quality on their keyboards.

My experiences with their mice, however, have been less than satisfactory. I went with a G500 after my Naga broke for the 3rd time, and I haven't looked back since.

Also, I personally find the HD650s to be pretty comfortable. Much more than my Q701s (why couldn't they have gotten rid of the bumps? they completely ruin everything else these cans have going for them.) And I find that both are much more comfortable than my HD555s and M50s (But again, completely different price points.)

Also, I give the PC Gaming Alliance a thoroughly rousing "Meh". Made up of a bunch of twats like Epic, Capcom and Gamestop (when was the last time Capcom did anything to support PC Gaming? Also, my local Gamestop doesn't even have a proper PC game section anymore, just some small rack in the corner of the store with a bunch of shitty titles like Halo CE and the sims.).

Just watched that Razer page. That is a product launch. They are just trying to build some excitement around it. Funny choice for marketing though, it could blow up in their face.

Bought a Razer mouse, a day later the software hosed my machine, mouse started acting very goofy. Read about their support, or lack there of, and returned it. Bought a Logitech and no issues since.

They do indeed feel very cheap, very "made in china"-esque. My Saitek Eclipse that I got 7 years ago feels rock-solid and is built like a tank. Most of Logitech's stuff feels very sturdy and well-crafted. Whenever I pick up a Razer product, though, it feels so brittle and flimsy that I'm scared it'll break if I drop it on the ground even just once.

I will admit that they do a fine job with marketing, but now I'm convinced that part of the price tag on their products is just for you to pay for the hype. When I look at Razer's ads or their website, I feel like I'm 15 again - every page has shiny lights and cool fonts. When I'm on Logitech's website, things feel professional yet informative; no frills or fancy flash animations to show off their products, just all the info I need to make an informed decision - without straining my eyes in the process.

Maybe I'm just getting old :p

Well, Razer is tied, in a way, to PC gaming... I mean, I wouldn't even consider any of their products, even the ones they don't make (e.g, blackwidow ultimate is made by iOne), for any sort of business use.

EDIT: purchase, not use.

Back