Ravaged - "Mad Max meets Battlefield"

GullyFoyle

Weaksauce
Ravaged!

The post apocolyptic, vehicular first person shooter you've been craving for!

Ravaged is a first person shooter online multiplayer game set upon a post-apocalyptic earth devastated by natural disasters caused by the sun's solar flares. It chronicles the struggle between the “Resistance” and the “Scavengers” as they fight one another in order to gain an upper hand in an ongoing war for survival, territory and resources.

Ravaged is an action game. Furthermore it is a multiplayer only First Person Shooter with Vehicles, Team Objectives, and skill based gameplay.

The team behind Ravaged worked on titles such as the Desert Combat, Battlefield 2, Frontlines and more.
We are developers with AAA game experience that wanted to create a team based game that requires skill and over the top fun.

Ravaged is currently in developing and will be in Beta early 2012, releasing on PC in spring 2012 via Steam and other PC distribution methods.

Videos - Home Page

The game is currently in closed Alpha testing. The Beta to should start next week. People will be added based on their order date. Pre-orders currently cost $25 and include beta access, I believe the price after release to be $30. They are currently running a special on 4 pack pre-orders:

Limited Time Offer - "Clan pack"

The Ravaged PC Clan Pack allows you to buy 4 steam keys for a major discount.
$60 for 4 keys! That saves you $40!!!
You will receive 4 steam keys that you can distribute to your teams.
This is a limited time offer.
This product also adds you to beta for all keys.
I already bought a copy, so I won't be organizing a group buy, but feel free...

Curious about this. Might be willing to go in on a group buy -- PM me if that starts up, I'll check back here occasionally.

Would of been pretty cool if the "infantry" combat was not so slow.

This actually looks like a blast. Count me in!

Sweet - wonder if I can make my toon a roided-out hockey mask wearing dude.

"There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror."

Does anyone know what the beta entails? I'm at work, so can't really check out the link (home page)posted above. (I did watch the videos, though) This game definitely has piqued my interest. I love all things post-apocalyptic. I'd be down for a four pack--I will put the $60 up front if others are interested as well. ;)

Ravaged developers on TeamPlayer podcast.

On it they say they are planning to upload the beta to Steam this weekend, them after some download/install testing, start sending out beta keys.

The beta is upon us!

Hi All,

If you are a Gold supporter, the build is now up on steam. Please make sure your steam.cfg file has been removed and you may need to delete clientblob. If you have not received your Steam key, please email customerservice at 2dawn.com

For all pre-orders, the first batch of Steam keys should start rolling out tomorrow based on order date.

Thank you,
2Dawn

Initial feedback can be seen in the beta forum.

Does anyone know what the beta entails? I'm at work, so can't really check out the link (home page)posted above. (I did watch the videos, though) This game definitely has piqued my interest. I love all things post-apocalyptic. I'd be down for a four pack--I will put the $60 up front if others are interested as well. :)

Thanks for the heads up. Going to wait for a video or two of gameplay before I decide on going in on a group buy.:D

Llama[Style];1038873091 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Going to wait for a video or two of gameplay before I decide on going in on a group buy.:D

indeed.

Will wait for a few player reviews

PM me if you guys are interested in the pack!

***EDIT***

I added a listing in the FS section.

Last edited:
Here is a chance to get beta key without pre-ordering! Requires registering on the 2Dawn web site.

Don't have a beta key? Here is your chance!

We'll be giving away 10 keys a day randomly to people who post in this thread!

Please only post once - multiple posters will be disqualified - and keep your posts short. A simple "here" or "hello" or some such will do.

If you have pre-ordered or pledged on Kickstarter you should get your key this week so please give other people a chance... tell your friends to post here though!

Thanks... and good luck! :D

Looks pretty decent from what I've seen! Gonna have to keep an eye on this one.

Here is a chance to get beta key without pre-ordering! Requires registering on the 2Dawn web site.

Of course, all the morons with the BETA ACCESS avatars are posting asking for keys for "friends". Guess they missed the part about "if you have pre-ordered or pledged on Kickstarter you should get your key this week so please give other people a chance... tell your friends to post here though!".

That is the problem whenever you try to do a good deed.

Anybody in beta for this?

I am in. They are ahead of schedule, as of last night, ALL of the pre-orders got their beta key.

Wait, Did I see your name listed as a winner of a beta key?

There were very few videos on Youtube, last I looked. I saw Phyrefli was on last night, maybe he will put a good one out.

I'll post some random comments:

Got home and loaded up the game. Set graphics to full screen, my native res 1680x1050, "High".
Went in and tweaked a few controls, had no problems doing so.
Right mouse to Run. MMB to Alternate fire (which is aim down sights).
Joined one of the two US servers. Both west coast. Ping said 90. It was smooth like butter. (My machine Core 2 Quad @ 3.4Ghz, Ati 6950 1GB)
Ran around a bit. Tried a few vehicles, controls very BF2-ish, very intuitive. Shift was "turbo mode", similar to BF3.

The server I was on was unpopulated. Every once in a while someone would join, then leave a few minutes later. It was running mixed modes.
I was on a CTF map, then it switch to "push" mode (I think BF2 called it Conquest Lines). I think maybe it was running each map twice, switching sides.

This is definately a beta. I experienced lots of issues joining a server. My friend was on a server, and I tried to join many times, and failed. Try to join other servers and it goes in the first time.
There is definately an issue with inacurrate player counts in the server browser.
The game locked for me between rounds 1 time. Had the cancel the game and restart. There were only two servers in the US, on the West coast. They were having the aforementioned issues, so I joined an EU server, and it was not too bad. I was got on with 3-4 friends and actually completed several rounds. I think saw at least 3 different maps. There might have been more but I had to leave.

No joystick control for choppers, so I didn't bother. One friend was experienced with keyboard control of choppers, and he didn't do too bad. He didn't dominate, either.

Any specific questions, just ask.

Last edited:
I am in. They are ahead of schedule, as of last night, ALL of the pre-orders got their beta key.

Wait, Did I see your name listed as a winner of a beta key?

There were very few videos on Youtube, last I looked. I saw Phyrefli was on last night, maybe he will put a good one out.

I'll post some random comments:

Got home and loaded up the game. Set graphics to full screen, my native res 1680x1050, "High".
Went in and tweaked a few controls, had no problems doing so.
Right mouse to Run. MMB to Alternate fire (which is aim down sights).
Joined one of the two US servers. Both west coast. Ping said 90. It was smooth like butter. (My machine Core 2 Quad @ 3.4Ghz, Ati 6950 1GB)
Ran around a bit. Tried a few vehicles, controls very BF2-ish, very intuitive. Shift was "turbo mode", similar to BF3.

The server I was on was unpopulated. Every once in a while someone would join, then leave a few minutes later. It was running mixed modes.
I was on a CTF map, then it switch to "push" mode (I think BF2 called it Conquest Lines). I think maybe it was running each map twice, switching sides.

This is definately a beta. I experienced lots of issues joining a server. My friend was on a server, and I tried to join many times, and failed. Try to join other servers and it goes in the first time.
There is definately an issue with inacurrate player counts in the server browser.
The game locked for me between rounds 1 time. Had the cancel the game and restart. There were only two servers in the US, on the West coast. They were having the aforementioned issues, so I joined an EU server, and it was not too bad. I was got on with 3-4 friends and actually completed several rounds. I think saw at least 3 different maps. There might have been more but I had to leave.

No joystick control for choppers, so I didn't bother. One friend was experienced with keyboard control of choppers, and he didn't do too bad. He didn't dominate, either.

Any specific questions, just ask.

Where was the list of people given beta keys, I didn't get an I email.. I think?

Well, anyways, what kind of staying power do you think this game will have? Can you see this becoming popular at all?

Received my Clan Pack keys today!

Unfortunately, I cannot install it until my GTX 680 is delivered.

Where was the list of people given beta keys, I didn't get an I email.. I think?

Well, anyways, what kind of staying power do you think this game will have? Can you see this becoming popular at all?

The thread listing beta key winners is here. Your name wasn't there, it was another guy I knew.

Hard to predict staying power, now a days. They need to really solidify the game for final release. Many a big budget game has been sunk by a buggy launch. It could be an abortion for an indie game.

For all my mention of bugs, I got on a server and played for four hours without an issue, last night.
Yes, I can see this game being popular. Can I see myself playing this a year from now? Maybe if they release "mod tools". I played the same three maps over and over on that server last night. Eager to see more.

Where's the 73 Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe with big ass gas tanks on the back and a switch toggled blower :confused:.

Anyone else get this installed and it not work? Goes to the main screen then windows says it will not work and closes it. Very upset right now.

Reinstalled still same problem. Alot of game are doing this to me know though. Gonna have to reinstall windows. =(

Just my luck. I ordered the clan pack and received 4 codes. I gave 3 codes to their respectful owners- no problems. I tried to use the last code...does not work, already been used.

Just my luck. I ordered the clan pack and received 4 codes. I gave 3 codes to their respectful owners- no problems. I tried to use the last code...does not work, already been used.
Maybe you tried the wrong one?

No, I checked and double-checked.

Good news though...I just emailed them and 10 MINUTES later they responded with a new code! :cool:

Back