Processor: Intel Pentium D Presler 3.0GHz
RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 800

Thoughts?

SSpiro said:
Mobo: P5WD2 Premium
Processor: Intel Pentium D Presler 3.0GHz
RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 800

Thoughts?
If your buying this then spend that 20% more and get a E6400 and get double the performance.

nooh said:
If your buying this then spend that 20% more and get a E6400 and get double the performance.
Maybe I'm showing my ignorance, but it's only 2.13 GHz? Or does not equate the same since its dual core..

SSpiro said:
Maybe I'm showing my ignorance, but it's only 2.13 GHz? Or does not equate the same since its dual core..
Dude nowhere near.

I was going to put one of what you have chosen and then finally decided to try the core 2 duo e6300 , I was amazed at the power. Its much better than the 930d , I promise you this.

At 4.2ghz the pentium could not beat a 2.1ghz

SSpiro said:
Dude nowhere near.

I was going to put one of what you have chosen and then finally decided to try the core 2 duo e6300 , I was amazed at the power. Its much better than the 930d , I promise you this.

At 4.2ghz the pentium d could not beat a 2.1ghz core 2 duo

Good enough. I hear the E6400 is coming down in price over the next month or two.

I'll sit and wait on it to see what happens. Mobo and RAM still OK?

Don't get the P5WD2 board since it doesn't support Conroe chips. Get the P5WDH if you need a 975X board or some other 965 variant.

Core 2 Duo does more work in every clock cycle. A 2.14GHz Core will beat a 3.2GHz Pentium any day of the week.

InorganicMatter said:
Core 2 Duo does more work in every clock cycle. A 2.14GHz Core will beat a 3.2GHz Pentium any day of the week.

....and twice on sundays

When Intel launched Conroe it pretty much obsoleted all their previous chips. Intel has announced plans now to discontinue a number of older chips.If you are going Intel then go ahead and go for Conroe since it has the best upgrade path now.

Back