• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Raptor

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
2FA
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
10,477
I have a 80GB Western Digital Raptor that i just got.
I want to move everything on my current C:\(boot) drive to this Raptor and make it the new C:\(boot) drive.
How can i do this?
I tried using Norton Ghost but when i disconnect the current C: drive my system wont boot I get the NTLDR error so it didn't copy everything or something.
Are there any programs that i can use to accomplish this?
 
Ok, sounds like there is no bootloader on this drive (the NTLDR, is the bootloader). Boot the Windows install disc and run the recovery console, then type the command, fixmbr
and reboot, and as long as ghost copied your os right, it should boot right up. If not, i would give Acronis True Image a try....
 
You need to get a copy of Hirens boot cd ,and do a swap (between the 2 drives) In dos mode.meaning after you get the copy (iso ) you need to make a boot cd of Hirens,and make your first boot up (cd) then from there ,It's a menue and you will find Norton Ghost.
It will work then.You will be able to copy the drive over to the new one.
 
Back
Top