Rant: Dell sent me the wrong monitors

billy.blue

Weaksauce
So I ordered 10 P2210H (T732R) monitors from the Dell Outlet at $159 a piece. But I received 10 P2210 (U828K) which is $169 a piece. I submitted their wrong item form, and got the following email back:

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I understand you have received incorrect monitors. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I see that the order has been placed for 10 U828K DIS, FLAT PANEL DISPLAY, 22W, P2210T, DELL AMERICAS ORGANIZATION.

Since exchanges at Dell are issued for only like to like items within the first 21 days from the date of invoice. Hence; this is not an option available to you.

To return the order, please contact our Customer Care Voice Department within 21 days of the date of invoice of the order at the Toll Free number 1-800-624-9897 between 08:00 AM to 09:00 PM CST, Monday to Sunday.

To place a new order for the correct item, please contact our sales department at their direct toll free number 1-800-289-3355 or place a new order online at
www.dell.com.

Sincerely,

Jyoti Sharma
Rep ID 157418
Dell Online Customer Care
My invoice lists the U828K, so I suppose it might be my fault for not noticing it before they shipped. But I paid $159 a piece. They did a switcheroo after I submitted the order. I've repeated the process, and it lists the P2210H all the way through the order system. I emailed them back and explained that I expected to have it corrected. I'm not hopefuly.

In case you care, the P2210 is 1680x1050, while the P2210H is 1920x1080. I'm obviously not happy. Thanks for listening to my rant.

So you got better monitors. Or rather, higher resolution monitors, and you're complaining?
Do you not want the higher resolution?

So you got better monitors. Or rather, higher resolution monitors, and you're complaining?
Do you not want the higher resolution?

He ordered: P2210H is 1920x1080.

He recieived: P2210 is 1680x1050

How is 1680x1050 better than 1920x1080?

Oh whoops I misread. switched the two.
In typing up the emails and the thread, I got myself confused. I can't blame you. And apparently their order system gets confused too. I just can't get over that I paid $159 and got the $169 monitors, but Dell says they sent me what I ordered. I'm hoping that now that I've pointed that out to them, they will want to do something about it. But again, not hopeful.

I stopped sending emails to dell and just called them. You'll get transfered around but you'll eventually get someone to help you out.

Half hour and 3 reps later... $100 refund to keep what I got. Blah... not totally happy, but could be worse.

So I ordered 10 P2210H (T732R) monitors from the Dell Outlet at $159 a piece. But I received 10 P2210 (U828K) which is $169 a piece. I submitted their wrong item form, and got the following email back:

My invoice lists the U828K, so I suppose it might be my fault for not noticing it before they shipped. But I paid $159 a piece. They did a switcheroo after I submitted the order. I've repeated the process, and it lists the P2210H all the way through the order system. I emailed them back and explained that I expected to have it corrected. I'm not hopefuly.

In case you care, the P2210 is 1680x1050, while the P2210H is 1920x1080. I'm obviously not happy. Thanks for listening to my rant.

I had the same thing happen to me about 8 months ago, by the time I found out they made the "switch" the order had already shipped. In my case it was for only 2 monitors, so they didn't refund me anything.

I had to make 6 calls over 2 days before my monitor warranty gets corrected.

Its not just Dell, its also Sprint, Comcast, etc

I would have contested, but for 2 reasons I eventually gave in and kept the monitors. 1-they at the time were 10 bucks more than the P2210H and I would be charged a restock fee, and 2- I found out in the end that the 2 monitors I got were really good in terms of not having backlight bleed

Your first mistake was dealing with dell. I had an issue with them last November trying to order a laptop that they kept cancelling on me. I'll never deal with them again and it's more then insulting that you deal with people in India that barely speak English and have obviously been told to get rid of you at every possible opportunity.

There was actually a big writeup in the New York Times recently on the downfall of dell and how awful they are now.

But Dell still give me value on their monitors. I think this is the only thing that they got left. I dont buy Dell laptop or desktop anymore. I built my own desktop now.

Back