Random Restarts

Retne

Limp Gawd
I've been having this issue for a while now. My system randomly restarts. I'll be playing a game/browsing the web/working in a word processor when boom my system shuts off. Then a beat later it starts back up again. I've tried loads of things so I'll list them out:
-I've turned off automatic restarts on failures
-I've checked the event logs and the only errors I get is when it boots back up and tells me it didn't shut down properly
-I've replaced the mobo
-I've replaced the video card
-I've replaced the PSU
-I've replaced all the SATA cables
-I've run memtest86+ for 12 hours straight with no errors
-I've upgraded from the stock CPU cooler to a CM 212+
-I've reinstalled windows

The only things I haven't tried swapping out are the case, HDDs, or the CPU itself. Here is the current system:

CPU: i5 2500K
MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V LE
PSU: Seasonic X750
Video Card: BFG GTS 250
HDDs: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, and a Hitachi Deskstar T7k500 400GB
DVD: Samsung SATA 22x DVDRW
Sound: E-MU 0404 USB Audio Interface
CASE: CM HAF 922

Anyone have any ideas? I'm completely out of them. This has been plaguing me since I bought the 2500K on black friday.

EDIT: Well I've managed to find a way to force the random restart. All I have to do is run prime95 it seems. I don't think it's a CPU temp issue since the highest my temps went was 51C and it was lower than that when it restarted. I'm not quite sure what to make of this though.

Last edited:
There is a possibility that it could be the CPU being defective.

Try running OCCT and Intel Burn Tool and see if you get the same results as Prime 95.

Back