• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Random dialog box pops up

SphincterBoy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
128
I've noticed that periodically/randomly a small dialog box or DOS window pops up and disappears in a quick flash. Not really a problem except I believe it may be what causes problems when playing Overwatch. Periodically/randomly during play the screen flashes back to an image of a previous screen, usually the one from before the round started or just an image of an earlier map, no characters. This lasts about a second before returning to the game, but in the meantime my character has stopped all movement while I've "been away" so to speak. I suspect this pop-up is the cause of the in-game problem largely because they began occurring about the same time.

I'm on Windows 10. Any ideas?
 
That link appears to have resolved the problem, though I don't know if it's going to lead to other problems by disabling it...

Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Office and found and disabled "OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration"
 
That link appears to have resolved the problem, though I don't know if it's going to lead to other problems by disabling it...

Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Office and found and disabled "OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration"

As far as I'm aware it's just the MS Office registration process hanging, shouldn't affect anything.
 
Back
Top