Random computer restarts?

crazymonkee84

Limp Gawd
For the last few weeks, my computer has been randomly restarting itself without any warning. There is no bsod to go with it and it's become apparent that it's a hardware problem. My motherboard is an Evga x58 and I at first suspected that to be the problem but decided to first try and switch out the power supply, a Corsair 750TX. I replaced the power supply with an Antec 550w, which was sitting in a difference computer, and so far there have been no restarts. The restarts were strange as they would occur at anytime, from idling on the desktop to playing Bad Company 2. The computer would shut off for about 3 seconds then try and reboot, sometimes unsuccesfully and restarting again as it was trying to boot up. I then put the Corsair 750TX into the computer I had pulled the Antec 550W from and so far, that computer hasn't experienced any shut offs either, however that computer is much less power demanding. Is there a way I can be sure that it's a psu issue and not my motherboard or some other component of my computer?

Back