• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ran a driver cleaner...Now PC won't POST?

OkieOFT

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 8, 2001
Messages
2,321
Ok wtf...I'm trading sound cards with a guy so I pulled my Sound Blaster X-Fi out. Booted it back up...Ran fine. Cleared out the Creative drivers and ran the Guru3d driver cleaner, found some old Nvidia drivers still left so I had it clean those out too. PC restarts, loads windows, and blue screens after the password prompt.

It reboots and starts loading Windows again, then resets itself. Now ive got no video at all. It seems like it's doing everything it's supposed to do...Gives the POST beep, doesn't shut itself off or anything, but no video. Nada. Nothing.

What i've tried:
Reset CMOS via jumpers, pulled battery for 10 minutes
Reseated video card
Reseated DVI cable

System specs:

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Mobo
Some old ass C2D
ATI x1300 Pro
2x Seagate 320GB HD's
Sony DVDRW
2GB Ram, don't know what kind


Any thoughts? I can't even get into Windows to figure out WTF that driver cleaner did, if I can get video back I can fix it, but i've got no clue whats up.
 
do you have onboard video?

is there any indication that it is booting up even with out hte video out?

have you tried a vga cable (or dvi if using vga)?
 
No onboard...ATI X1300 Pro

It' beeps like it does when it's booting normally.

No VGA cable availible...Running DVI.
 
Back
Top