Ramsinks on GPU

oneil

Limp Gawd
When I'll be replacing the fan on my 6600GT with my low profile Maze4, will the use of ramsinks be obligatory? I see everyone on here has them, and I would as well but I just placed my order for my WC package and never was it brought up by the guys at Petra's...

Thanks

They are not necessary, but are a good thing to have. They certainly wont hurt, and if all else fails, they look nice :). It would be a good idea to get some. IIRC, Petra has OCZ aluminum ramsinks for $8 a pack. I'd call them up in the morning and see if you could add them to your order before it ships.

Viper87227 said:
I'd call them up in the morning and see if you could add them to your order before it ships.

<3 International calls :p

Thanks!

If you keep them with some air flow. You can get out some more mhz on memory side.

With or without, you should try and keep some airflow on them, remember they were designed assuming the gpu fan would assist cooling them with its exaust air. Also try not to accidentally knock off the ramsinks once they have been applied, at least with my swiftech ones, the thermal tape loses its strength after first application and I needed to get arctic alumina adhesive to re-attatch them.

oneil said:
<3 International calls :p

Thanks!

A CANADIAN!!! I woudlnt have helped you had I known that. :D

Let us know how it goes. I don't anticipate Quoc giving you any problems though, long as you call before it ships (which could be tricky, they ship fast)

Back