Having a odd issue .. trying to keep stable 3.6 Ghz.
I have ran MEMtest 86 @ rated speeds for my ram and passed 3 passes. Maybe not enough .. which was 2.1V 800Mhz @ 4-4-4-12. I also tested it using a 333/400 strap which puts it at the 960mhz rang 5:6 ratio (5-5-5-15) and passed there to.
BUT ....
When I go to stress test...
With 1.36 NB and 1.18 VTT 1.3Vcore
I seem to always fail Linpack at these settings/timings ususlly within the first 5-7 tests.
Never even make it to the Prime testing.
(went as far as 1.3V to CPU). Both ratios 333/667 or 333/400 turn up the same.
Eventually I turned down the Ram. to 2.0V and 5-5-5-15 timings. @ 333/667
Now heres whats odd ...
I was able to reduce the Vcore. 1.28 (1.26 under load)
Also .. turned the VTT back to default 1.14 AND NB I lowered to 1.32
ending up with 3.6Ghz core speed and 800Mhz RAM speed @ 5-5-5-15.
Now when I test:
25 passes of Linpack ok
Prime 95 went for 11Hrs 58min. and failed on 1 core. Im thinking this could possibly be NB Voltage .. might be wrong.
At any count, considering 25 passes of Linpack was OK, I tend to think Vcore Ok.
Or am I completely wrong here?
So now my question is, is it possible my RAM is bad?
I cant see why I can not keep it stable under Linpack if i set to advertised timings 4-4-4-12 and 2.1.
But at 5-5-5-18 it will run linpack all day at 3.6Ghz and 1:1 ratio
Any advice where to look from here? Thanks.
Question 2:
Is it adviseable to turn EIST and C1E on after I find a stable OK? Or is this a bad idea.
I have seen mixed reviews on it. I do understand the reason turning it off while finding a stable OC .. but just curious what ,if any , disadvantages may come from it.
I have ran MEMtest 86 @ rated speeds for my ram and passed 3 passes. Maybe not enough .. which was 2.1V 800Mhz @ 4-4-4-12. I also tested it using a 333/400 strap which puts it at the 960mhz rang 5:6 ratio (5-5-5-15) and passed there to.
BUT ....
When I go to stress test...
With 1.36 NB and 1.18 VTT 1.3Vcore
I seem to always fail Linpack at these settings/timings ususlly within the first 5-7 tests.
Never even make it to the Prime testing.
(went as far as 1.3V to CPU). Both ratios 333/667 or 333/400 turn up the same.
Eventually I turned down the Ram. to 2.0V and 5-5-5-15 timings. @ 333/667
Now heres whats odd ...
I was able to reduce the Vcore. 1.28 (1.26 under load)
Also .. turned the VTT back to default 1.14 AND NB I lowered to 1.32
ending up with 3.6Ghz core speed and 800Mhz RAM speed @ 5-5-5-15.
Now when I test:
25 passes of Linpack ok
Prime 95 went for 11Hrs 58min. and failed on 1 core. Im thinking this could possibly be NB Voltage .. might be wrong.
At any count, considering 25 passes of Linpack was OK, I tend to think Vcore Ok.
Or am I completely wrong here?
So now my question is, is it possible my RAM is bad?
I cant see why I can not keep it stable under Linpack if i set to advertised timings 4-4-4-12 and 2.1.
But at 5-5-5-18 it will run linpack all day at 3.6Ghz and 1:1 ratio
Any advice where to look from here? Thanks.
Question 2:
Is it adviseable to turn EIST and C1E on after I find a stable OK? Or is this a bad idea.
I have seen mixed reviews on it. I do understand the reason turning it off while finding a stable OC .. but just curious what ,if any , disadvantages may come from it.