RAM and This EVGA Board

Arlichte

n00b
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
15
Ok. So looking at Newegg reviews can be pretty intimidating sometimes. I was wondering what RAM you guys were using with this board:

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813188013

Now, I read the stories of some RAM dosn't run right with others, had to change timings...bla bla bla.

I want to know what RAM plugs in, runs what Newegg list it runs at, and it won't need to be overclocked. I will at some point overclock, but I;m new to building and need to learn first. So for now, what is a good brand and won't poop out or lie to me.

Thanks alot,
Andrew
 
I used to have 1000 ballistix 2x1gb in it, it worked fine tough i did have some timing problems. (Supposed to be 5.5.5.15, forced 5.5.5.18)

Not significant tough.
 
runs what Newegg list it runs at

You need to understand what most people who post newegg reviews do not. The preprogrammed SPD chips on memory modules are programmed with "plain jane" memory timings and voltages so they can be plugged into any board in the world and work fine. If you want the manuf advertised high performance settings you need to enter them yourself. It is not difficult and reading the manual that came with the board should show you how.


Here is Nvidia's guide to setting up the board for high performance which also shows you how.
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/45121/nforce_680i_sli_overclocking.pdf

I strongly suggest you disregard 97% of revews on newegg.
 
Back
Top