• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield help

ManCannon

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
2,451
I just installed Raven Shield and I'm really liking it so far. I went through all the tutorials and it definitely seems like a game I'd enjoy, so once I felt comfortable with the game I decided to try the mission planning for the first map. Unfortunately, any time I click my mouse while in the mission planning the game freezes for 30 seconds, whether I right click or left click. This happens without any patches and with the final 1.6 patch.

Has anyone heard of this problem and know how to fix it? I'm dying to play this game because it seems like a lot of fun, but the default mission plans suck and it's suicide going in without a plan.

Also, does anyone know if any mission planning guides that could get me familiar with the ins and outs of planning?
 
this game is very buggy, ubisoft had a problem with not being able to fix some problems with the game. such as ladder bug which ull prolly figure out what that is if u play more often.. but this game im pretty sure is not patch supported any more so try google if u cannot find an answer ur basically sol, try the ubi forums also.
 
Yea, your a little late to the RVS party. Get the latest patch, and update all the drivers for your comp. Other than that, probably nothing you can do.
 
Yeah, I realize this is a fairly old game but it slipped through the cracks for me back when it first came out. I didn't plan to play online or anything like that, just wanted to go through the singleplayer because I felt like something other than run and gun.

I'll see if Ubisoft Rainbow Six 3 forums mention this particular bug and if there's a workaround. I guess if I can't find one I just won't be able to play it :(.
 
Yeah, i still play RS every now and then
I do miss the good ol' days of the demo though.
Though i do have fond memories of being on an 8v8 server and getting all 8 kills in the first minute.
 
Well after searching the Ubisoft website I've found that I can't have AA enabled in this game or the mission planner will act screwy. Once I turned the AA off it worked perfectly. I guess jaggies in return for actually being able to play the game isn't too bad a trade :( .
 
Ugh, this has got to be the buggiest piece of crap I've ever played.

It's absolutely ridiculous that after all these patches this many bugs remain.

Let's see, a quick rundown:

- AA is broken, can't be used.

- The game completely freezes up my computer randomly, forcing a reboot.

- Half the time my operatives get stuck on the ladders forcing me to restart the mission even if I've done well up till that point.

- Just encountered a horrible sound issue that sent squeals and pops through my speakers.

What's sad is there's a great game underneath all of this crap but I'll never get to play it because this is just too much to put up with :(. Uninstall.
 
I'm not sure what Raven Shield you are playing but I've been playing the game for the past three years and I haven't run across any of the problems you have seen. In my opinion it one of the best games I've ever played...period. I've been playing multiplay for at least two years over the internet and at lan parties. There is also a free expansion pack called Iron Wrath. Maybe try installing that over your copy and see if that helps.

Keep trying man, Raven Shield is part of a dieing breed of realistic shooters. If you get it working, its a great experience to say the least.
 
Yeah, I wish it would work properly.

I'm downloading the Iron Wrath expansion now.
 
I think the no AA is with Nvidia cards only, because on my 6800GT I couldn't have AA, but back on my 9200 (PCI - Old) I could have them turned up..
 
I just bought the game as well and it's working fine for me. I had one guy get stuck on a ladder, but after switching around teammates a few times he jumped off somehow. Other than that it's been flawless with no crashes or mission-ending bugs.
 
Eh, I wish I could play it.

I was finally able to finish the first mission without any bugs, was even able to preserve all my team members, but as soon as I was done I got a black screen that never left and I was forced to reboot.

All my other games work fine, I guess this particular game doesn't like my system for whatever reason :(.
 
Back
Top