• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

RAID ISSUES- ASRock X79 Extreme6

Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
30
I've got this motherboard and two Samsung 830 series 256GByte drives and with that no fangle bios I cannot set up a RAID 0 configuration.

The ASRock CD keeps mentioning to download the RAID Drivers to a floopy?? Who today, uses a floppy drive?? Can anyone lead mr by the hand to set-up my RAID 0 configuration ??????
 
In the bios, did you turn the SATA ports into RAID and then define the array (hit Ctrl-F at a certain point in the boot sequence when it tells you to).
 
Did that! I could load Windows7 with no luck, Windows7 Installation asked for drivers from a floppy.
 
You should be able to get the drivers off of the motherboard CD. Windows 7 doesn't need the drivers from a Floppy, you can use a thumb drive. I was working with a RAID array yesterday and installing WHS 2011. You only need a floppy for WinXP/2000.
 
Back
Top