• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Raid 5 failure while adding a new disk

RobbinHood

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
73
Hey guys was adding a drive to my raid 5 today and the power went out the computer restarted and then the migrating started again does this mean everything is lost it say 50hours remaining the raid used to show in disk manager while expanding now it just shows as and online disk when I click online it wants me to initialize i have just left it offline wat do u guys think all the data lost I hate playing the waiting game
 
Most likely it depends if the raid card you are using is designed to allow such a situation. I know that linux software raid 5/6 will survive this.
 
The sas card is rocket raid 2680 Before the power went out it had 50 hours or so remaining and now it's got the same etaso I think it's still creating the parity
 
You should be fine. It's possible that some data might have been corrupted while it was being written, but overall, fairly unlikely. It sounds like it picked back up where it left off, as well, which is a good sign.

I'm not too familiar w/ the RocketRaid functionality, but in most cases you can still access the array while it's resizing.
 
i would say your data is probably okay, but you will have to restart the expand.

if you're running R5, you should seriously consider getting a UPS. save yourself a lot of headaches.
 
My 1500 watt Cyberpower UPS has saved me countless times. It allows about 15 minutes to wait for power to restore or to properly shutdown.

I know it's late advice but $150 dollar insurance policy for your data is a reasonable expenditure.

I hope all turns out well for you.
 
hey guys raid finished building unfortunatly the raid has lost its partition getdataback fines the files up windows cant see the partition
 
Looks like it just wrote the parity right over the top of the original parity which would have been built.
Do you not have a backup of your data?

Aesma is right, RAID /= backup.
 
Back
Top