• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAID 0 Integrated(software) or hardware? why? and how?

Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
15
I'm waiting on upgrading my CPU/mobo because I'm unable to find a 1155 base chipset that has enough of the features of this 1366 board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128472

# 1 feature I'm looking for is a decent RAID controller.
# 2 feature a good onboard LAN/Net card


1.So are there any 1155 chipsets that offer the same(or better) Marvell ...1982 controller?
2. If not should I just wait for the x79s to come out? or is there a reasonably priced hardware alternative PCI-e controller that someone would recommend for a Sandybridge build?

P.S. I also have a 6990+6970 tri-fire setup so enough PCI-e lanes are a must.

TY!:)
 
What kind of RAID do you want, and what is special about this mobo's RAID ?

What is special about that ethernet controller ?

The problem with a PCIe controller is that you don't have enough PCIe lanes already.

If you can wait for X79 then you should, personally I just had to buy a new 1366 mobo because my old one died on me, and it was annoying to buy "old" tech, but at least I found it cheap on eBay, for a top of the line card (pretty much the same as yours, but in MSI flavor : X58 XPower Big Bang).
 
From my research the features this Gigabyte 1366 mobo offers are the best performing.

the more I research the more I'm thinking I should just wait. : /
 
Back
Top