RAGE

Had a dumb issue today that made me rage. Windows Server 2008 R2 in DMZ hosting IIS, the box was running DNS, I removed that role and restarted the machine remotely. Machine never went down and now I can't login to in, it throws a "not enough storage available to perform this command". Tried to remotely reboot the machine using psshutdown and the admin$ or more likely all authentication is unavailable and I don't have KVM-over-IP so I have to wait until I get off work tonight to physically reboot this box.

Any IT Rage stories you guys want to share?:mad:

Ive had to use pskill on the csrss service to bsod and auto reboot some W7 boxes that were far away, but that prob wouldnt work for you if psshutdown didnt work

I've accidentally issued a "debug all" command on a cisco router that pegged the cpu at 100% and locked me out. I had to drive 60 miles to bounce it. Not happy. :p

A while back I learned the importance of 'add' in the Cisco IOS command for restricting vlans on trunk links.

switchport trunk allowed vlan 233

is much, much different than

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 233

A handy way to tell you've done it wrong is the immediate disconnection from the remote switch and all of the alert emails and coworkers coming in.

Not so much rage as the immediate despair of knowing exactly why everything just broke.

For rage you almost have to go with external support. Your printer could be spitting out confetti and they'd want to check the driver version.

I've accidentally issued a "debug all" command on a cisco router that pegged the cpu at 100% and locked me out. I had to drive 60 miles to bounce it. Not happy. :p

LOL I did the same, thankfully it was in a lab environment. I like the fact that the debug command can also debug the debug command. :D

Actually that shutdown/restart thing with windows pisses me off. Why is it that when you tell it to shutdown, sometimes it will just hang. i don't care if there's an app not responding, or some other issue, just shut down!

It's been an issue since before windows 98 and they still have not fixed it.

I did rm -rf * once to delete the (few) files in the current folder I was in. Was wondering why it was taking long, then realized I was in the wrong window.

Back