Rage sucks

Fail thread is fail. Carmack could have vomited into a DVD case and you would have bought it, everyone here knows your stance on Rage, couldn't you have trolled one of your existing threads instead?

I literally cant read this bull shit unless you format logical thoughts instead of ranting like some bitch on her period.

Fail thread is fail. Carmack could have vomited into a DVD case and you would have bought it, everyone here knows your stance on Rage, couldn't you have trolled one of your existing threads instead?

Dude im being serious it's the worst game I've played in 7 years at least. Carmack is off my list as a developer.

Dude im being serious it's the worst game I've played in 7 years at least. Carmack is off my list as a developer.

Wait, what, really? So Carmack did vomit in a DVD case and you bought it and now are unhappy? :p If so then I'm surprised, I just assumed this was a sarcastic troll thread.

I'm warning you guys. I admit 100% I was wrong about this game and it sucks plain and simple. I'm trying to warn you.

Yeah I've actually played it and it fucking reeks. So like the title, I'm RAGED.

at least you helped motivate people to not buy Rage from your earlier thread

Heh, I sure am glad you steam pre loaders got to play the game before I did. So that I won't have to open the game up tomorrow and return it to Amazon with no fuss or muss.

Well, I'm disappointed with all these negative reviews I'm reading so far. I was really looking forward to this game. Luckily I ordered it retail from NewEgg and I can return it if I decide to. I'm going to wait for a few more level-headed reviews though. Luckily I have plenty of games in my backlog if this one turns out to be a turd. Dark Souls is on the way also.. so I'm good.

What the fucking fuck is this ...
Tbh, that's what I thought when I saw the first screenshot of it here on [H] way back when. If I could be bothered to search the posts I'd probably find one where I said as much in somewhat more eloquent terms.

Pretty sure that actual PC gamers would recognize way ahead of time that a game which has been in development for a couple of decades isn't going to be great when released in 2011.

To sum this up; User error on your part.

Thanks for the warning Shuttle. Sorry you were duped into buying such a piece of shit. ( I can relate, I bought the CE of Hellgate London for 70 bucks) I played it at Quakecon in August, its basically Borderlands without the loot system. I won't be buying it for sure now.

Hmm, maybe if Carmack focused all his brain power on a glorious return to PC title rather than dicking around with a iPad version and 2 more console versions we would have had a good game.

Bring on Doom 4! lol

I'm searching for the thread/article where Carmack hinted at the game not being that good. He said something about he should have focused on PC and not consoles.

I'm searching for the thread/article where Carmack hinted at the game not being that good. He said something about he should have focused on PC and not consoles.

Yeah that was the Quake con speech. Its somewhere around the part where he is talking about the megatexture technology they use and how there are massive amounts of texture pop ins.

So is this game a console port or not? Because a lot of people saying it is, if it is, looks like ID has abandoned the PC community and I hate sellouts.

So is this game a console port or not? Because a lot of people saying it is, if it is, looks like ID has abandoned the PC community and I hate sellouts.

Yes it is. I've seen nothing said that makes me think otherwise.

Fuck yeah it is. When are they not console ports or console friendly these days?

Yes it is 100%. But it's done so in a much more sophisticated manner. You won't see a big glowing Xbox 360 "B" button to push but it's basically just a port with a slight pc interface.

All I gotta say is ....

Play Metro 2033 or Stalker , then play RAGE. After that the answer will be clear.

Would it be accurate to say this game has turned out to be like one of those big surprises that your wife/gf tells you about on the way home, just to have it turn out to be that your dog has worms and wiped it's butt all over the floor leaving trails of crap in your home?

So it looks like ID fucked us over by making this game for consoles and as usual, we get the shitty ports, whatever happened to games that was made for PC first? I've always like ID but judging by the reviews for the PC version I might not get this game, don't want a half assed console port especially if it looks like crap or has terrible gameplay.

The true pc gaming is dead forever, fuck your texture packs, fuck your patches. This is a Xbox 360 game ported sneakily to look like a pc game. It's a wolf in sheeps clothing. No goddamn excuse that having a sandy at 5 ghz, 12 gigs of ram, and a GTX 480 @ 580 with 1.5 gb of ram looks like this. I want my $60 back motherfucker!

I was thinking about buying this game tonight along with Dark Souls but on a hunch, decided I should just rent it. I think I'll like it, but it's hard to justify $60 on a 12 hour game nowadays. It's like you buy it and 3 days later it's a paper weight or you have to go through the hassle to sell it or get scammed by a game retailer on trade.

I'll agree PC gaming has not felt the same to me in a long time, since around when Half Life 2 came out. I have a new computer for Skyrim and that's about it. Even BF3 is looking very sketchy at this point. Probably need to wait a few months for some patches. It will get better when the next gen consoles launch and developers actually start targeting specs similar to new PC hw.

I haven't played Rage yet, but it's well known that it would not be particularly taxing for new PCs. One of the bullet points is 60fps on consoles, so that tells you it's not going to go above and beyond to stress PC.

So it looks like ID fucked us over by making this game for consoles and as usual, we get the shitty ports, whatever happened to games that was made for PC first? I've always like ID but judging by the reviews for the PC version I might not get this game, don't want a half assed console port especially if it looks like crap or has terrible gameplay.

Confirmed: Doom 4 Xbox Exclusive

"This game aint got shit on Duke Nukem Forever."

"Visually, one of the worst looking games that has come out in 7 years"

This is where , for me at least ..your opinion shits the bed. Duke Nukem is the most over hyped piece of crap in years , yet tons of people bought it knowing it was not going to be anything special but simply because its a new Duke FPS. And while I disagree that Rage is anywhere near that bad , you pretty much bought Rage for the same reason many bought Duke.

Its one thing for you to dislike Rage and that's your right to do so , but calling it visually ugly and the worst looking game in 7 years while almost any review you read is praising its visuals at the very least puts your opinion on thin ice.

It sucks you found the game a waste of your money and time but at least act like an adult about it when you are expressing your disappointment and provide us with some kind of valid points.

the problem once again with a game like this is that it was over-hyped, with a spin noting the talents of this engine (that is really good) in lieu of good practical fun. You can't wipe your ass in this game without running 20 missions just to buy toilet paper. Lots of familiar actors in this one but again, hyper-inflated BS leads to failure. Execution is the problem in this one.

This engine will serve another game well. It is very beautiful. Breath-taking at times. But fuck (not buttfuck), if this game isn't hung on that beauty that it thinks you'll say fuck it. I like it anyway. Not me. Not this sucker :)

Those reviews are more than likely based on the console version. Console players don't see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5oEdfT4OWY

So its something I'm sure they'll address in a patch asap. Do you really think Id is just going to say "fuck you morons , you bought now deal with it" and not do a damn thing about it? Also people are having luck with a temp fix by simply turning off AA.

They aren't Ubisoft.

Back