rage or fallout

dinlee23

Gawd
should i buy rage or fallout 3 game of the year? its on sale on steam and idk which one to buy... i like games that are linear as well as sand box games... i know theres was allot of issues about rage but for the most part i think its ironed out now. also i hear rage is pretty repetitive? compared to linear shooters like bioshock is rage much more diverse in gameplay? or is it about the same?

Fall Out 3 and/or Fall Out:New vegas

fallout can be either linear or non linear depending on what you do. You can just follow that main plot or screw the main plot and explore all you want.

i think fallout 3 is significantly better then new vegas. just one mans opinion though.

i havent played rage though so i couldnt tell you which but fallout 3 was a great game. lots to do and you can put some sexy mods on there im sure

i think fallout 3 is significantly better then new vegas. just one mans opinion though.

i havent played rage though so i couldnt tell you which but fallout 3 was a great game. lots to do and you can put some sexy mods on there im sure

Seconded on all counts. I played Fallout 3 to completion, including the DLC, multiple times. New Vegas I couldn't get through once. Tried several times... just couldn't get into it.

Haven't played Rage yet, can't compare them to that.

Get New Vegas if you want a game that lives up to the first two games.

Fallout 3 is a decent game, but it didn't follow much of what is canon.

the thing is ive already finished fallout 3 a long time ago if i buy it; im just gonna play it for nostalgia. Im really looking for that post apocalyptic survival feel in a game... so far ive played BL, BL2, Metro 2033, both fallout 3 and NV... and all thats left is rage. all im asking is if its worth 9.99 and my wasted time lol

New Vegas with NMC textures on Hard with Hardcore mode enabled.

Fallout 3 was sort of IP rape and hard to stomach if you had played the first 2.

the thing is ive already finished fallout 3 a long time ago if i buy it; im just gonna play it for nostalgia. Im really looking for that post apocalyptic survival feel in a game... so far ive played BL, BL2, Metro 2033, both fallout 3 and NV... and all thats left is rage. all im asking is if its worth 9.99 and my wasted time lol

Er, just play Fallout 1 then.

I wouldn't even shit in a toilet within a hundred miles of Rage if I had just ate 10 Big Mac's and 2 pounds of fries.

Fallout ALL the way.

Fallout 3 + all expansions. Will take a looonnggg time to finish everything. I think you will appreciate 3 more if you play it before New Vegas because NV adds a lot more tweaks to gameplay. Not to mention all of the mods (falloutnexus.com). Rage is good for $15 or less. Get Fallout 1st though.

Carmack could sign a copy of rage, I'd shit on it and hand it back to him. Go read the reception prior and post release on the wiki. No wonder no one reads reviews anymore.

FO3 environments > FONV
FONV Gameplay > FO3

Gameplay yes.

Setting and environment, I suppose it depends on your preferences. If you like green and Washington DC, go with F03. If you like orange and mojave/western/vegas, go with NV

And if you like branching story lines, NV for sure.

No more subway tunnels. People like FO3 environments basically due the the Mall. Most of the rest of it was pretty sore on the eyes.

NV was too much empty wasteland for me, it felt vast and empty with only a few towns and cities worth visiting.

NV was too much empty wasteland for me, it felt vast and empty with only a few towns and cities worth visiting.

Get the explorer's perk and then you'll find out there is too much to explore in NV. FO3 made it feel big because it was hard to navigate and you couldn't see long distances when downtown. It was just a bunch of subway tunnels bridged by above ground areas leading to more subway tunnels. It was an up/down/up/down/up/down journey to get anywhere.

should i buy rage or fallout 3 game of the year? its on sale on steam and idk which one to buy... i like games that are linear as well as sand box games... i know theres was allot of issues about rage but for the most part i think its ironed out now. also i hear rage is pretty repetitive? compared to linear shooters like bioshock is rage much more diverse in gameplay? or is it about the same?
Fallout 3 is vastly superior game than RAGE - I still like RAGE though.

Get the explorer's perk and then you'll find out there is too much to explore in NV. FO3 made it feel big because it was hard to navigate and you couldn't see long distances when downtown. It was just a bunch of subway tunnels bridged by above ground areas leading to more subway tunnels. It was an up/down/up/down/up/down journey to get anywhere.

For what it's worth Fallout:NV was released by the publisher before it was ready. They did a good job of supporting it after launch but that could be the cause of why it might feel like it's lacking additional touches.

Rage:
I feel scammed. Fucking scammed. John Carmack.....why? You just lost every ounce of your elite status as a game programmer. This game is shit, plain and simple.

Visually, one of the worst looking games that has come out in 7 years. Far Cry looks better than this. This game has the worst texture pop in, textures (we're talking Quake 2 / Sin quality, possibly low end Quake 3 here) I have seen yet on a modern game. Doom 3 is visually and gameplay wise superior to this game in every aspect. Absolutely no HDR or lighting, nothing modern. The desert has no shadows, nothing casts shadows it's all static.

OMFG.I am so pissed. I spent $60 on this hunk of dog shit when money is tight. NEVER again. Gaming on this very night, the 4th of October, has died. Gaming is dead, long live the king. The game has no direction, no compelling storyline, visuals that reek, terrible mouse controls, no console, no tweakablity. What the fucking fuck is this and how did it get past John Carmack's brain? Too much cell phone programming. I actually cannot force myself to load it back up, it's THAT bad.

This game aint got shit on Duke Nukem Forever. I'm just awe struck. I told my nephew tonight gaming has died. The true pc gaming is dead forever, fuck your texture packs, fuck your patches. This is a Xbox 360 game ported sneakily to look like a pc game. It's a wolf in sheeps clothing. No goddamn excuse that having a sandy at 5 ghz, 12 gigs of ram, and a GTX 480 @ 580 with 1.5 gb of ram looks like this. I want my $60 back motherfucker!

[edit] - 10/09/11 steam refunded my account with $59.99 wallet dollars. About time! Thanks steam you rock! And thank God I never used my one time buyer credit!
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1640874

One of my biggest gripes of FO3 was the navigation through the inner city where a lot of streets were blocked off which made you travel through sewers or back track and find another way around. The 2nd was it was always kind of dreary/rainy weather which made the environment seem extremely gray and lack differentiation in a lot of areas.

I prefer NV overall, but FO3 is a great game.

fallout 3. nv is too short, too easy, too small and somewhat boring in comparison, tossed into the trashcan after a second run, still have fallout 3.

I bought rage in the halloween steam sale, while it doesnt seem to quite match up to quake series so far, its not bad.

System spec is: Intel q8200 stock, ati HIS ICEQ 6850 1gb (performs halfway between 6850 -6870), 4gb ram, WD 640black. System is getting old, but surprisingly it still does its job decent.

Rage runs ok. the megatexture still has a few issues with loading from one zone/area to another and 180 turns. Honestly borderlands 1(havent played 2 yet) does everything better except arguably graphics and combat. Borderlands did combat very good, but Rage has a certain fluidity thats well, id's style. Graphics is half and half. From medium to long distance, rage does nice, but once upclose... The loot system in rage is pretty horrible, and seemed like i spent a lot of time looking around for almost nothing.

Hope this helps some.

Given the choice, yeah, Fallout 3. I was one of the few who really had a great time with Rage, but I'm admittedly very partial to the types of games id makes: simple to their very core. I'm also forgiving of the technological issues only because I understand the level of complexity in it, so the occasional texture swapping issues and low-rez stuff didn't bother me overly: there's a cost to 'painted worlds' and the cost is that you have to suck it up in texture resolution unless you want to ship a 100GB game.

You'll get better bang-for-the-buck with Fallout 3: GOTY or New Vegas (which has an Ultimate edition available, I believe). The latter's arguably better, but the former's still easily worth playing.

You'll get better bang-for-the-buck with Fallout 3: GOTY or New Vegas (which has an Ultimate edition available, I believe). The latter's arguably better, but the former's still easily worth playing.

because general people prefer small, easy, funny and dumb? yeah sure, just wave your mouse around and you finish the game, you can do that in NV but in fallout 3 the name of the game is: sidequest, unmarked quest, exploring. it will take at least three months to explore and finish it all, i know because i did it, i explored it all, every location, every drawer and cabinet, everything that was possible, the main quest is nothing in comparison, you can finish it in two days.

OP if you were my worse enemy on earth I still would say Fallout... I have rage and paid 5.00 for it and still feel dirty..... Between 3 and Vegas... wow.. any one going to have a sale so you can get both? thats a hard call for me anyway.. I have both and have many many hours on both

Fallout 3! Got bored of Rage about 1 hour in :( , even after all the bugs were fixed.

I've played both, fallout 3/ fallout new vegas is great & there's the option for DLC content. Rage was eh alright & buggy.

Rage has the better gunplay (since FO3's gunplay is stat-based regardless of whether you use VATS or not), whereas FO3 has more content.

because general people prefer small, easy, funny and dumb? yeah sure, just wave your mouse around and you finish the game, you can do that in NV but in fallout 3 the name of the game is: sidequest, unmarked quest, exploring. it will take at least three months to explore and finish it all, i know because i did it, i explored it all, every location, every drawer and cabinet, everything that was possible, the main quest is nothing in comparison, you can finish it in two days.

You are actually making shit up as you go, and it should make you feel ashamed.

hahaha what?? explain why?

Because New Vegas doesn't have level scaling, has Hardcore mode, and has the same amount of questable world (if you count factions) as Fallout 3. The gunplay and controls are even shit in comparison to New Vegas.

If you actually want to debate RPG's, let's put it in the New Vegas thread. Be coherent.

Because New Vegas doesn't have level scaling, has Hardcore mode, and has the same amount of questable world (if you count factions) as Fallout 3. The gunplay and controls are even shit in comparison to New Vegas.

If you actually want to debate RPG's, let's put it in the New Vegas thread. Be coherent.

oh really? same amount huh? lol theres no comparison between the two! and i am the only guy that i know that searched ALL locations throughout entirely both whole maps, everything, in both games. gun control? lol, i've read the book of earache :cool:

I'm one of the few people that didn't hate Rage, but there's absolutely no question at all that both 3D Fallout games are 50x bigger and better than Rage.

The only way I'd recommend Rage over Fallout would be if you're strictly looking for a basic shooter. The shooting elements in Rage are definitely more traditional than Fallout.

Fallout 3 is vastly superior game than RAGE - I still like RAGE though.

x2

RAGE was a pretty cool game with some really neat mechanics. It's combat system was pretty great too (playing with a gamepad).

With that said, Fallout was just a much much deeper game. RAGE is more of an action arcade-like shooter with some very small bits of RPG elements thrown in. Fallout is the exact opposite of that.

Back