• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RAGE - E3 2011

Day one buy for me barring something ridiculous.
 
Hell yes it looks awesome. I was definetly picking this up before this video but this seals the deal for me. Pre ordering for sure. I love the Quayola Quaons and the Plinkies lol good stuff. I love ID's games always have. The polish is just something other devs usually don't touch.

Just watched it again and yup day 1 buy for me. I'm such an ID fanboy, can't help it lol.
 
Last edited:
Looks pretty sweet I must say. Though from other trailers it looks like there's some emphasis on driving, which I am not a fan of in an FPS.
 
Looks pretty sweet I must say. Though from other trailers it looks like there's some emphasis on driving, which I am not a fan of in an FPS.

I'm cool with the driving part since it adds a slighly different element to an FPS. I'm sure it will be fun either way.
 
The area reminds me of Borderlands. heck the whole thing reminds me of Borderlands.
 
Looks good, and I do have it on pre-order.....but by god do I hate regen health! Worst game mechanic ever to be introduced to FPS gaming.
 
Meh...


The shadows while walking around the town outside on a bright day were too dark in a lot of places. All the people looked like cadavers and console gameplay felt uninspired. The water effects did look nice though.

And thats a lot of aiming down sight for an id game.
 
Sometimes RAGE looks interesting and sometimes it looks like crap. I never played Borderlands, so the look is totally worn out on me (although I'm drawing lots of visual similarities with Fallout 3).

My biggest complaints from previous videos were the terrible (weak) weapon sounds and the total lack of reaction from the enemies with regard to being shot. They would take half a clip from an SMG without even flinching. This video didn't seem to share those problems, but the SMG was not shown. I must admit, it's good to see the double-barreled breach loading shotgun make a comback.

I'll keep an eye on RAGE, as I have been, but I'm still not totally sold.
 
I don't care for the setting. Post-Apocalyptic westerns just don't interest me. I'll get it, naturally, but I would have preferred a more colorful setting. I guess it's easier for the consoles to just draw shades of grey and brown?
 
The area reminds me of Borderlands. heck the whole thing reminds me of Borderlands.

That's what I've thought with many of the trailers shown (for instance the latest trailer about the "Authority" in RAGE reminded me of the Crimson Lance in Borderlands). But I liked Borderlands, so I'll probably like RAGE. Plus me and a friend love playing co-op, so we'll have a blast.
 
I like all the variety in the Combat. I can shoot some dude in the face, throw a boomerang thing at his buddy and punch the guy in front of me pretty much all at the same time. I dig it, can't wait for this. Everything looks very smooth and fluid as well.
 
It looks amazing in that one, but the gamepad movement still seems very sluggish to me. I'm used to silky smooth mouse movement from FPSs, which makes the videos very tough to watch.

It'll still be a day one sale type purchase for me.
 
Can't wait for this. Each video looks better and better. Especially loved the "Quaolas" at the end that had the all to familiar "Q".
 
Yeah, I had to laugh at the "Quayola Quayons" since id likes to make jest at cultural references. :)
 
Back
Top