• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Radiator orientation

Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
24
so I have my radiator in push/pull config with medium yateloons.

I have it mounted in my antec 902 like this:
91242825.png


and I can remove the tricools but I wanted to leave them in since it makes it look nicer. I was wondering if this would somehow negatively affect the airflow through the radiators?
 
Shouldn't hurt the airflow, but it won't do much to help either and it will be noisier. You'd be better off to get rid of them and use that space for a shroud between one set of fans and the rad.
 
http://martin.skinneelabs.com/Radiator-Fan-Orientation-And-Shroud-Testing-Review.html

Notably:

Just like doubling up with a pump, there is a pressure benefit to doubling up on fans and this translates to about a 20-30% performance gain. The added fan pressure simply means and added gain in air flow and corresponding performance. None of the experimental pull/pull or push/push configurations provided any noteworthy benefit as it seams the air is simply too disturbed from the first fan to allow the second to perform properly when air is moving. I would always recommend a push/pull configuration for two fans and add a shroud to both sides if space allows.
 
Sandwiched rads simply don't perform all that well. Split'em apart and slap shrouds and fans on both sides of each and you'll get big gains as far as cooling power goes.
 
Back
Top