Radeon RX570 fan issue

Dawson76

n00b
I recently upgraded my computer (asus rog strix mobo, amd 3700x, 16 gig ram , 1 tb m.2, and a fresh win10 install) and put a Sapphire rx570 video card I had in my htpc for a couple of years (I'm not a gamer). Everything is working fine except for an odd issue with the video card fan. When my monitor shuts off but before the computer goes to sleep (30 minutes) the fan on the video card will spin up to full rpm every 20 seconds, stay there for about 5 seconds and repeat, over and over until I either wake the monitor or the system hibernates.

Any idea how I can stop it from doing that? It did not do this in the htpc I had it in and I have had no luck finding any mention of this particular fan problem.
Latest drivers are installed (radeon 20.9.1) and windows is up to date.
thanks!
Dawson

Download MSI Afterburner and create a custom Fan Curve.
https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner

Better version here
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

Looks like they just updated the software and website, (Its hideous)

Anyway, you might also be able to set a custom fan curve in the AMD Catalyst software for your graphics card.
Thanks but no lucko_O

The custom fan curve didn't solve it. Fan still turns off and on while the monitor is asleep.

any other ideas?

Thanks but no lucko_O

The custom fan curve didn't solve it. Fan still turns off and on while the monitor is asleep.

any other ideas?

Well, the fan should turn off while the monitor is asleep anyway, there's no video signal to the graphics card.

Well, the fan should turn off while the monitor is asleep anyway, there's no video signal to the graphics card.
Thats what it does, except for spinning up to full rpm for 5 seconds and then off for 20 seconds...wash rinse and repeat until the system goes to sleep .

Hi. I got a similar problem and installed model related motherboard drivers and newest gpu drivers && a little tool named Econap from econap.de to bypass the "spin up time" from Monitor standby and hibernating.

Iam using rx 570 8gb pulse from Sapphire. Did you already try to order an actual BIOS from Sapphire Support Team?

Last edited:
Hello again, i notice that the full spin also does not happen in standard user mode (non priviledge Windows User Account)

I think .. maybe that I have read that it is a way to clean the fans of build up dust and why it only last that long .

Back