Radeon 6xxx: architecture, photos (these ones look legit)

Consumer parts shortages are functions of both consumer supply and demand, and consumer demand is a function of price, so they aren't perfect barometers of the business-to-business supply and demand between TSMC and its clients. I also took that in theory AMD could shift more of their allocation to GPUs rather than CPUs if they really had to--or vice versa.

And TSMC's clients are allocating these chips to sell to us consumers. If demand is low enough that there are plenty in stock, where is the shortage? We can go back and forth with theory all day and you can dig up plenty of articles saying this that and the other but when I can go into my etailer of choice and pick up any GPU I want from any vendor I want at any time I want, you're simply not going to sell me on this concept, nor will nVidia's CEO. Now if I see something even remotely similar to what happened with the 5800 series at launch, I'll be a believer.

And TSMC's clients are allocating these chips to sell to us consumers. If demand is low enough that there are plenty in stock, where is the shortage? We can go back and forth with theory all day and you can dig up plenty of articles saying this that and the other but when I can go into my etailer of choice and pick up any GPU I want from any vendor I want at any time I want, you're simply not going to sell me on this concept, nor will nVidia's CEO. Now if I see something even remotely similar to what happened with the 5800 series at launch, I'll be a believer.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You are free to do whatever you want. I have an agreement to sell my 5850 very soon, so I am now anxiously waiting for 6770s to arrive so I can have Eyefinity again. (If 6770s aren't worth it, then I will get a cheap 5xxx for Eyefinity to tide me over until prices fall). Until then, I have nothing better than HD3200 integrated graphics to rely on, though I just played a game from 2003 that ran pretty well on it, even without overclocking. Still, I miss triple-monitor websurfing. :) It's funny to think that my HTPC currently has higher graphics power than my gutted gaming rig. Haha.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You are free to do whatever you want. I have an agreement to sell my 5850 very soon, so I am now anxiously waiting for 6770s to arrive so I can have Eyefinity again. (If 6770s aren't worth it, then I will get a cheap 5xxx for Eyefinity to tide me over until prices fall). Until then, I have nothing better than HD3200 integrated graphics to rely on, though I just played a game from 2003 that ran pretty well on it, even without overclocking. Still, I miss triple-monitor websurfing. :) It's funny to think that my HTPC currently has higher graphics power than my gutted gaming rig. Haha.

lol, I split my HD5870 xfire setup so my HTPC has one of my HD5870s :p

That's only temp until I decide on ordering a HD5550, for the sake of deinterlacing (VA).

If you look at the back end of the board you can see the standard white line where the blower style cooler should be, its the exact shape like i can see on my 4870 (stock cooler removed)

If you look at the back end of the board you can see the standard white line where the blower style cooler should be, its the exact shape like i can see on my 4870 (stock cooler removed)
true, but have those white outlines always matched the reference cooler?

Back