Radeon 5850 Availabilty

Did the tigerdirect xfx thing. Just shipped... Psyched! Saw the Asus post right after I ordered. Dang I wanted the Asus one too! Hmm... Double life warranty vs. Better Bios. Hmm... I can finally retire my 8800GT to a life of PissX...
Originally I wanted the XFX largely for the warranty also, but I figure three years is plenty enough.

I'm quite sure I'll be upgrading to a different GPU within three years, so yeah, decided to finally go with the ASUS.

I walked right into Frys and purchased mine right off the shelf. I think I bought the last one at the Plano TX store. They said they were getting more in today so I assume if you are still looking I'd try Frys.

The Tigerdirect deal is even better if you go thru Circuit City (now a Tigerdirect storefront) because the shipping is free.

I've ordered quite a bit from Tiger this year and have never had a single issue.

Circuit City XFX 5850

Again, don't forget BING CASHBACK for Circuit City
Just click the circuit city hit at the top (shows the cashback coin) currently 5%

I picked up the Asus HD5850 as well.

I never keep a card longer than 3 years anyway, and I trust ASUS the most out of any brand.

Why is the Diamond HD5850 $279?

Looks like CC / TigerDirect is out of stock... shipping in 7-21 days. Glad I got mine... already shipped. :D

The pricing on newegg, just got kindah... ouch... I see the 8800GT shortage scenario again. Peddling off 200 dollar cards for 289... Sigh... Must resist the itch to crossfire. I haven't even received my first card yet.

I saw a few of them at Fry's B&M today.

$269 for Diamond HD5850.

So my ASUS 5850 arrived today. Won't be able to build my system until Saturday, given how busy the rest of the week is.

However, I must say, the packaging of the card is first-rate. I was quite surprised. My last 4-5 cards have been by EVGA, and I always thought their packaging was really good.

The outer box of the 5850 itself is fairly standard, but when you pull the carton out that actually contains everything, it's really nicely done/laid out/etc.

Eh nvm, already out... of was a mistake on there part. Had it in cart. It now has been removed.

Eh nvm, already out... of was a mistake on there part. Had it in cart. It now has been removed.

It wasn't a mistake on their part - it just sold out that quick. Most really wanting the XFX card probably did the auto notify so as soon as the emails went out that it was in stock it didn't take probably a few minutes and it was OOS again. That's what happened to me. I got the email and it was already OOS 5 minutes later. :eek: I ended up going with the Gigabyte 5850 instead and I'm loving it. It comes with a 3 year warranty instead of the double lifetime but I won't be keeping it 3 years anyway. ;)

Can anyone who has the Asus HD5850 let me know how quite/loud it is?

None of the 5850's are loud - I know mine isn't. They all use the reference cooling solution from what I've seen so far so they all should be about the same.

Ordered!

I was going to grab the Asus one from Newegg but went this way instead as I really wanted an XFX. I've never used Tiger Direct, so I hope I don't have any issues =/

Thanks!

My 5850 came in today, woo hoo. I'm waiting on few more of my parts but I should be putting my rig together next weekend.

My xfx 5850 is finally coming today...:cool:

Lucky bastard! I'm really hoping my 8800gt will at least play Dragon age and borderlands @ 1080p without looking like ass. I would really like to pick up a 5850 but I dont have the cash saved yet :(.

None of the 5850's are loud - I know mine isn't. They all use the reference cooling solution from what I've seen so far so they all should be about the same.

THey aren't loud but they can get to over 80C in Crysis fully loaded on the automatic fan profile. Raising the fan to Hoover levels lowers it 30 degrees.

I just ordered an XFX 5850 on TigerDirect. It's on backorder. Hope it ships soon since all my shiny new components will be here next week so I can start my new build!

I just ordered an XFX 5850 on TigerDirect. It's on backorder. Hope it ships soon since all my shiny new components will be here next week so I can start my new build!

Yeah, I ordered from CC yesterday when it said 3-5 days, now it says 5-7.
My order status is now "backordered", hopefully the get some more in SOON.

WOW talk about supply and demand ! I just bought my xfx on TigerDirect today for 265. Went to go check my status, it's now 290!!! 25 dollar jump in about 6 hrs!!! First NewEgg, now TigerDirect.

WOW talk about supply and demand ! I just bought my xfx on TigerDirect today for 265. Went to go check my status, it's now 290!!! 25 dollar jump in about 6 hrs!!! First NewEgg, now TigerDirect.

I saw that! lol

even though when I ordered mine from circuitcity.com(TG front) it said ships within 3-5 days, so I assumed they were in stock but now it has been over a week and it still says backordered =( so who knows when they will actually ship it out, i did email them though.

on one hand im glad i have one locked in @ $265 shipped, but on the other hand im flustered they might not have them for another couple weeks.

Well I had my xfx 5850 card since the 16th. 38-41c idle, using asus unlocked bios, 900/1200 overclock so far - decided to not push it any further, and TD shipped quick. With the OC my 5850 is performing as well as a stock 5870 in some benchmarks.

My XFX 5850 just shipped from Amazon. I ordered it a few weeks ago, as I recall, but it's still being listed there at 260 instead of Newegg's 280. (Plus no sales tax and free shipping.) So that might be a good option for people who still don't have one and aren't in a huge hurry to get one.

Too bad I mostly bought it for Modern Warfare 2, a game I'm no longer even sure I'm going to buy.

Since I can't find the 5850 anywhere, I think I might just eat the higher cost and get a 5870.

Back