Racing Games

I'm currently working on Forza for XBox. It's pretty good, and I seem to be progressing faster than in Gran Turismo 3.

-TyShoe

Gran Turismo 4
T.O.C.A 3
Live For Speed
GT Legends
Forza Motorsports
Project Gotham Racing 3

It's going to vary from person to person, but for me:

Simulation: GTR 2
Arcade: Project Gotham Racing 3
Overall: Gran Turismo 4

todlerix said:
I enjoyed need for speed carbon
So you've already beaten an unreleased game? :eek: :D

My vote definitely goes to Forza...and hopefully Forza 2.

joemama said:
So you've already beaten an unreleased game? :eek: :D

My vote definitely goes to Forza...and hopefully Forza 2.

i enjoyed the demo for need for speed carbon, comes out on the 1st of november.

Forza pissed me off eventually. Gets real tough at some point.

GT4 with the wheel is damn fine... I'll spend 3-4 hours at it, at least twice a week

Yeah, Flatout 2 is good if you're up for something a little different. Lots of fun to be had there. ToCa is good, too, but it does have starforce.

BladeVenom said:

Holy crap I remember that game. I had lots of fun with it :). Anyway my vote is the NFS speed game up to Porsche Unleashed. After that they kinda went downhill, although I had a decent amount of fun with the first Underground. Most Wanted started to head back the right way but IMO Carbon is POS. And of course like you said the GT series games on the PS1 and PS2 are always great. Also the Burnout games are lots of fun as well.

TheCommander said:
Greatest racing game ever:

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

It's good that not everyone gets the joke... That game deserves to be unknown...

Re-Volt
Carmeggeddon 3: TDR 2000
Latest Colin McRae racing games...I demo'd 4.0...it was a blast! you can actually lose wheels!
Demolition Racer - One of the best soundtracks to a game yet. Someone told me it was Motorhead...but I think that was sketchy.

My favorite racing games are:

Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Kart Series
FlatOut 2
Wipeout Pure
Burnout 3: Takedown

There's a few more I'd consider but I'm going to limit it to a top 5.

I must be old...I still enjoy the nascar 3 and papyrus racing sims. Grand Prix legends is old but a blast to play once you can drive it well imho.

GranPrix Legends
Nascar Racing 2000-2002 Seasons

Excellent racing simulations, often took longer to tweak the car in practice and qualifying than to race.

Though it's not strictly racing, the Burnout series is just a giant mess of entertainment. Props to the developers for feeding our hunger for destruction.

I've always enjoyed the Gran Turismo games.

F-ZERO! :p

i still love Motor City Online, i would still pay to play it today. not even forza could match its ability to tune and tweak cars.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer: 1, 2, Zero, 3

Best racing series ever. Addictive and they kept getting better...until drift.

TXR: Drift is not my cup of tea and is nothing like the first ones.

I'm not into simulation racing games, so I'll say the best "arcadish" type of games I played:

Recent - Need for Speed Most Wanted: Very good graphics, a nice storyline considering the type of game it is, amazing sense of speed. Love to play it with friends online.

From the past - Anyone remember Lotus Challenge ? I think that was the racing game Ive played the most when I was younger, especially the Saturn races.

Fark_Maniac said:

Wow, I had completely forgotten about Re-volt! I remember playing the demo to this game repeatedly. I thought it was great. I wanted to buy the full version a few years ago, but couldn't find it anywhere. This post inspired me to hit up Amazon, and sure enough, they had it! I ordered it for $20 shipped. I can't wait... :D

Hands down Live for Speed is the most realistic and has the best online play. GTR 1/2 could get an honorable metion along with Grand Prix Legends. And Nascar Racing 2003 has a lot of cool mods out, but the original game itself sucks being Nascar haha.

Arcade games, I enjoyed all the Burnout games, NFS has sucked ever since the days of Porsche Unleashed. I liked the first Rallisport Challenge for both PC and Xbox. GT1/2/3 were all pretty fun, GT4 was pretty much GT3 with slightly better visuals. Ive only played Forza a few times, never really enjoyed it. The first two Project Gotham Racing were entertaining.

And you cant forget F! World Grand Prix for the N64, I loved that game!

Actually Big Red Racing was one of the coolest racing games ever....if anyone remembers.

Back