Race for ATi X1950Pro - Official Contest Thread

Jon855 said:
Now that's a little funny cause it has been almost 24 hours since I've turned off my PC - main point producer... and you are "nipping my at my heels" no longer :)

Maybe its time to put together my E6300 system that has been sitting in boxes on my desk for a month :(

sobe said:
Maybe its time to put together my E6300 system that has been sitting in boxes on my desk for a month :(
And then I'll have to get my roommate to fold for me... - E6300 owner also ;)

Bring it on man...

Jon855 said:
And then I'll have to get my roommate to fold for me... - E6300 owner also ;)

Noooooooooo! Dont make me light up the 12 other DL380's sitting here :D

Crosshairs said:
I'm dropping like a stone...I ain't happy about it, but I cant seem to make any headway :(

I have some parts I'm in the process of buying from from Flecom..but I doubt I will get them set up to help me here ...

Yup, I've ramped up my production and passed you last night.

sobe said:
Noooooooooo! Dont make me light up the 12 other DL380's sitting here :D

alright meow, why haven't these alleged DL380's been lit up from the beginning? maybe i missed the reason, but you have some 'splaining to do.

With any luck I'll get another Opty 165 online tonight. The UPS man just showed with the motherboard I ordered to replace the bad one.

chemist_slime said:
Crosshairs, ramp it up man!!! Try to get back your 10th place from me... :D

I'm trying bro..my boxes are falling apart like $5.00 suits :)

r00k said:
alright meow, why haven't these alleged DL380's been lit up from the beginning? maybe i missed the reason, but you have some 'splaining to do.

The 3 I have online now are easy to pass off as "test" servers, I wouldnt be able to explain another 12 non-production servers to the boss...

Ben has now dropped to 5th place (but he posted 392 pt to come back alive)with a really tight run for third (Bryce and Schro). Gonna have to watch this one close. Chemist Slime is starting a mid pack run.

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Ben has now dropped to 5th place (but he posted 392 pt to come back alive)with a really tight run for third (Bryce and Schro). Gonna have to watch this one close. Chemist Slime is starting a mid pack run.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

sobe said:
The 3 I have online now are easy to pass off as "test" servers, I wouldnt be able to explain another 12 non-production servers to the boss...

hehehehehe. alright i'll buy that. nicely done

sobe said:
Ask your boss?

chemist_slime said:
Jon, better watch out man, I'm about to pass you. :p
Not anymore, my main rig was not folding when I went to a LAN party yesterday :) I'll be a little behind but expect big dump quite shortly. I can see that you're much more stable in getting points by the day... regardless, I'll put up a fight. If I have to I will stop one of my core and put my GPU to work.

So I"m headed across the country for a week for some vacation - which means I won't get to watch myself cross the finish line in this nailbiter...

Hopefully no power goes out while I'm going, as everything is set for full folding ahead!

Looks like bryce is set up for 3rd with a 3000pt lead over Schro and only 2258pts to go. chemist Slime continues his climb up the ranks. He is now in 8th

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Looks like bryce is set up for 3rd with a 3000pt lead over Schro and only 2258pts to go. chemist Slime continues his climb up the ranks. He is now in 8th

Yup, and I will continue to climb!

Welcome to the finish line! Woohooo! Guess we get to party again ahah!

Fan Friggin Fantastic!

you guys rock!

nice folding! and nice increase in points!

Crosshairs said:
Nice work dude...I'm still struggling just to get back to 10th :)

U probably will get it back, I'm not folding on my main rig right now... I know it's a crime, shoot me.

Schro said:
So I"m headed across the country for a week for some vacation - which means I won't get to watch myself cross the finish line in this nailbiter...

Hopefully no power goes out while I'm going, as everything is set for full folding ahead!

Schro, I think you had a power glitch while you were gone.

Oldbenwa said:
And Jon, BOOM! :p
Alrighty, I've got it back up and a new borg has been added ;) I'm hoping to hit the 2.3- 2.6k PPD mark.

I added another AM2 X2 3800 smp folder to my garden. I am breaking it in at 2.5ghz on stock voltage for now. When I come back home after Christmas I going to really work on the speed. My goal is 2.9ghz

Jesus who lit the fire under chemist_slime? I think he's about to put a beating on me :eek:

No class + no work (over x-mas) + new WoW addiction = crappy GPU PPD :rolleyes:

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Someone talked him into running those dual cores in SMP for maximum points.

That can't be all that changed can it? His PPD has doubled :eek:

Yes. A dual core (2ghz) running 2 instances of FAH Client scores Approx 175ppd/core for 350ppd. Tha same dual core running SMP Linux will score approx 750ppd. I am have 9 computers running in my name. 4 are dual core running SMP and I am gettting 4000PPD (well I will be as soon as the one I built yesterday has a chance to get into the averages). The one I built yesterday is running 9 min 8 sec/ frame (15hrs /WU). Each WU is 587 points. 900+ppd. but it is an AM2 3800 O/C to 2.7ghz

Congrats Chemist Slime on moving up to 7th place

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Yes. A dual core (2ghz) running 2 instances of FAH Client scores Approx 175ppd/core for 350ppd. Tha same dual core running SMP Linux will score approx 750ppd. I am have 9 computers running in my name. 4 are dual core running SMP and I am gettting 4000PPD (well I will be as soon as the one I built yesterday has a chance to get into the averages). The one I built yesterday is running 9 min 8 sec/ frame (15hrs /WU). Each WU is 587 points. 900+ppd. but it is an AM2 3800 O/C to 2.7ghz

Congrats Chemist Slime on moving up to 7th place

Thanks for all your help! Without you I couldn't have increased my PPD. I also wouldn't have gone out and sold an 805 and bought a 930 so I can use VT and fold SMP.

Better watch out Round_Square, you're about to be schooled! :D

So I'm writing this from a hotel lobby 2000+ miles from my pad, which I have been in this general area since Monday. It appears the power demons hit me again, as Tuesday, good ole GA Power called my cell phone and said there was a scheduled long term outage that was going to happen Weds of this week. After seeing my PPD has dropped to sub-1k, it only confirms that the 8ish CPU's have been taking a few days off after GA Power so kindly shut them down leaving me with no means to turn them back on :-(.

I'll be home after xmas... and I'm sure Bryce orchestrated this.... Anyhow, congrats to you Bryce, and now back to my vacation (havn't been online since Monday)...

Back