Race for ATi X1950Pro - Official Contest Thread

1. Select nice large bluefish Done! I have the perfect one picked out ;)
2. Clean and prepare it for baking. Gotta catch it first, working on that...
3. Wash it in salted water, and after drying it thoroughly, stuff with bread stuffing, and sew up opening and rub fish all over with salt.
4. Then, having put small pieces of vegetable shortening over, place in pan with enough water to cover bottom, and bake in hot oven 45 or 50 minutes.
5. After it begins to bake, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Baste it often with liquid in pan and a little melted vegetable shortening.
7. When it is cooked and a nice color, remove carefully to hot plate.
8. Do not break it.
9. Serve with brown sauce poured round fish as garnish, or serve it in a separate dish.

Mmmm.....sounds good :cool:

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Hmmmmmmm No. BTW have you even gotten the firat one yet or has viper decided t keep it for his own uses :p

Well, my roommate just called and said a package arrived for me from Brian (viper). He said there's "definitely something in there, but its very light weight". We shall see... ;)

It's all here, retail packaging et al. stock 3dmark on my machine at 9429, turned out to be the bbati version instead of sapphire which actually is a plus for vivo.

Thank you Anonymous for your donation and making the contest possible. Can't wait to see gpu folding in action alongside my opteron 170.

It looks like my (2) X1950pros will be here tomorrow. I hope they get here before I leave tomorrow. I'm flying to St. Louis for the weekend. The weather looks like it will be great. Tail winds the whole way

r00k said:
It's all here, retail packaging et al. stock 3dmark on my machine at 9429, turned out to be the bbati version instead of sapphire which actually is a plus for vivo.

Thank you Anonymous for your donation and making the contest possible. Can't wait to see gpu folding in action alongside my opteron 170.

OK now we need a pic of you holding the card, just to officially close that part of the contest.

the best i could do would be a low res pic from my cell phone. whatever bastard that stole my laptop a few months ago, also got the one mini sony cdrw for my mavica that i had. havent gotten around to replacing it. i'll get y'all a pic soon :) :)

r00k said:

3dmark05 right? And make sure you get a straight on shot of your face in the pic, that is a requirement for all contest winners...

3dmark05 yes. got it to 10,167 - i'm stoked.

In this post are two pics from my cell - one of my old card sitting on my case sideways (from sig), and the new one inserted.

The second is of me with the card's box held up next to ma face. I was serious when i said i only have my cell phone for a cam

vzwcontest2.jpg

vzwcontest1.jpg

Roman79 said:
1. Select nice large bluefish Done! I have the perfect one picked out ;)
2. Clean and prepare it for baking. Gotta catch it first, working on that...
3. Wash it in salted water, and after drying it thoroughly, stuff with bread stuffing, and sew up opening and rub fish all over with salt.
4. Then, having put small pieces of vegetable shortening over, place in pan with enough water to cover bottom, and bake in hot oven 45 or 50 minutes.
5. After it begins to bake, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Baste it often with liquid in pan and a little melted vegetable shortening.
7. When it is cooked and a nice color, remove carefully to hot plate.
8. Do not break it.
9. Serve with brown sauce poured round fish as garnish, or serve it in a separate dish.

Mmmm.....sounds good :cool:

I hope for your sake you can substitute salmon because you wont be catching and BLUEFISH anytime soon.

BLUEFISH44 said:
I hope for your sake you can substitute salmon because you wont be catching and BLUEFISH anytime soon.

LOL

Actually here's another interesting thing....

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Yea, we are close but i think i'm pulling away. I've added a machine or two and convinced a few friends to give me a few folding hours on thier machines here and there.

Man this is really gay of me... I apparently wondered why my points has been dropping like flies... I reformatted 4 days ago and forgot to install em as services - folding is on my secondary HDD... :( and of course I've one folder down for the break - two friggin weeks...

Until then I'll have to restart my chase for Roman_79 :eek:

Jon855 said:
Man this is really gay of me... I apparently wondered why my points has been dropping like flies... I reformatted 4 days ago and forgot to install em as services - folding is on my secondary HDD... :( and of course I've one folder down for the break - two friggin weeks...

Until then I'll have to restart my chase for Roman_79 :eek:

Well let's go Nancy, get your act together and come get me :p

I got one of my 1950pros up and folding (8min 12sec/frame) the second needs a new powersupply (the 12 volt line is to low)

[BRO]Alaskan said:
I got one of my 1950pros up and folding (8min 12sec/frame) the second needs a new powersupply (the 12 volt line is to low)
Weakling... :eek:

ummmm... i'm 30k points from 200k ?

picked up two 22 inch westinghouse lcd's to fit very nicely on the 1950 pro's dual dvi..

bro alaskan? what up?

r00k said:
ummmm... i'm 30k points from 200k ?

picked up two 22 inch westinghouse lcd's to fit very nicely on the 1950 pro's dual dvi..
Pics quickly...

hey R00k ---

did you get your new video card? if so, where is the pix of you and your new toy?

I'd like to see your new LCd's as well. I was looking at those... as well as the 22" on sale at circuit city. ended up getting a digital camera for my wife.

Pics are on the previous page, page 29, post 570, from my cell phone. I'm still trying to find genuine mavica cdrw's (camera goes ballistic with any other brand) for my good cam. The westy's are amazing, i'll pm pics when i can.

in the meanwhile, how's y'alls folding coming along?

r00k said:

Had my single largest day ever yesterday turning in 11 WU's for 3,183 points! I sat idle for too long during the contest, I dont think I'll move much past 8th unless I can find more borgs soon. On the upside, I had set a personal goal for myself when I hit 100k in 6 months back on August 18th, that I would try for 200k by Jan 1st ( just over 4 months ) and it looks like I'm going to easily make it! :D

r00k said:

Brycejones and I seem to be trading off 4th place every day or so.. looks like I've got it for now, but we're basically running dead even in production.

A couple borgs that were going to be shut down this week ended up staying online as their owner did not go out of town, so thats a ++ for me...

Man I should have held off my borging and entered this thing. Ah well. It's for medecine right? Maybe I'll cure something and get a reward with one of my boxen or borgs.:p

Unofficial week 284 scores:
17. Erasmus354: 99,874
18. [H]Oldbenwa: 90,548

I managed to sneak back in front of OSUGuy before that update. Looks like we'll be havining a little battle for 12th.

Crosshairs said:
WOO-HOO...8th place for me......

I know it wont last :)

Jon managed to blow past both of us again on the last update! Nice little fight for the top 10 we've got going here :p

sobe said:
Jon managed to blow past both of us again on the last update! Nice little fight for the top 10 we've got going here :p
I can't wait for some of my borgs to be back online when the owners comes back from their break... -_- And then I'll resume my point climb to where it were at before. :D

Back