Race for ATi X1950Pro - Official Contest Thread

WOW. This is really turning out to be a race to watch. The lead changes hand almost every update. The 3 way race has turned into a 5way race (maybe 6 with round square nipping at our heals)

[BRO]Alaskan said:
WOW. This is really turning out to be a race to watch. The lead changes hand almost every update. The 3 way race has turned into a 5way race (maybe 6 with round square nipping at our heals)

Yeah this is a fun race! I'm lagging behind because I've got some 600 pointers cooking right now.
But thanks to you guys my bedroom is very toasty....30C toasty.

My gf and I had an argument cause I wanted to keep the window open but she thought it would get too cold. I then had her feel the jet of hot air coming from my 1900XT :D

"OMG it's like you have a space heater on your desk!"

I won ;)

Roman79 said:
Yeah this is a fun race! I'm lagging behind because I've got some 600 pointers cooking right now.
But thanks to you guys my bedroom is very toasty....30C toasty.

My gf and I had an argument cause I wanted to keep the window open but she thought it would get too cold. I then had her feel the jet of hot air coming from my 1900XT :D

"OMG it's like you have a space heater on your desk!"

I won ;)

86 degrees at that temp, hope your gf is there :)

Jon855 said:
#2 Pencil and Graph Paper...

Hours of your time ;)

/Smacktalk

Ok I'll draw yours first...

There we go :D

Seriously though, get that production up you!

Roman79 said:
/Smacktalk

Ok I'll draw yours first...

There we go :D

Seriously though, get that production up you!

That was pretty freaking funny.
now do mine.

BLUEFISH44's Graph said:
____
........\......................................
..........\....................................
............\..................................
..............\................................
................\..............................
..................\_________............
....................................\..........
......................................\_____
7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9am

You asked for it ;)

The line graphs are there if you know where to look. Click on anybodies name then scroll down for the graphs

Cool thanks! I didn't notice that before. Seems to only be half the contestants at a time but I suppose that's good enough.

Early Congrats to IanG - i presume he will break 200,000 Points very very soon.

r00k said:
Early Congrats to IanG - i presume he will break 200,000 Points very very soon.
Thanks :) I've got one unit submitted this update, and hopefully another will go in the next 12 hours or so so I sould be out of the green badges tomorrow!

Unfortunately, I think I lost a hard drive in my old AXP 2500+ that I'd resurrected for the contest. Anyone know how to tell foldix to use my folding name so I can run it diskless for a while?

There is a site that stems from the main DC folding faq that you just enter your name and team number, and it generates a foldix iso premade with it entered. Here - i'll host the iso for you ;)

www.r00k.net/fold.iso

edit: hey what's the arrow with a 1 on my badge?

IanG said:
Thanks :) I've got one unit submitted this update, and hopefully another will go in the next 12 hours or so so I sould be out of the green badges tomorrow!

Unfortunately, I think I lost a hard drive in my old AXP 2500+ that I'd resurrected for the contest. Anyone know how to tell foldix to use my folding name so I can run it diskless for a while?
PM me your address and I'll second day a 4gig HD

r00k said:
There is a site that stems from the main DC folding faq that you just enter your name and team number, and it generates a foldix iso premade with it entered. Here - i'll host the iso for you ;)

www.r00k.net/fold.iso

edit: hey what's the arrow with a 1 on my badge?

Means you moved up a poisition on the team, congrats.

PM sent Alaskan. Thanks for the offer.

r00k, you've already got waaaaay more production than I have, so I'll pass :p

Jon855 said:
What was the shady PM all about? :cool:

read the bottom of page 9. Despite heavy competition, [BRO] is helpin IanG get his rig back up and folding

r00k said:
read the bottom of page 9. Despite heavy competition, [BRO] is helpin IanG get his rig back up and folding

That's mighty nice of him, sorry I didn't read throughly... -_-

I <3 Folding Community :)

:p I'm just sending him a small (4gig HD). (like the two of us togather could really catch Rook and Ben)

[BRO]Alaskan said:
:p I'm just sending him a small (4gig HD). (like the two of us togather could really catch Rook and Ben)

No kidding, what happened to that 5 way race?

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Geez, ben has really piled on the points today. Looks like he'd been chewing on some 600 pointers for a while that got turned in. Very nice looking daily points chart for him here

IanG said:
Geez, ben has really piled on the points today. Looks like he'd been chewing on some 600 pointers for a while that got turned in. Very nice looking daily points chart for him here
He got to be cheating somehow... I cannot believe that he have rose so fast already... I'm going to do something tough/gutsy tomorrow...

Jon855 said:
Their computers were fed STEROIDS illegally.

libel! Slander! .... Truth! lol actually, i'm losing some sleep over this - my computers are on 24 / 7 , and i've started a [F]arm in my closet to keep the noise down. My room has definitely increased its temperature a number of degrees.

yeah oldbenwa shocked the hell outta me. i had the lead for a whole 12 hours or so (and was kinda hoping to hold onto it a while :p )

so Jon855 what sort of gutsy / drastic thing you got in mind?

Ben is up to 27 cpu's. They must be pretty good ones. The ones set up for me are running the graghical version cause they wanted to pause them while gaming (I wonder how many got unpaused). I'm not B##ching (much) about it tho. At least they are doing something.

[BRO]Alaskan said:
Ben is up to 27 cpu's. They must be pretty good ones. The ones set up for me are running the graghical version cause they wanted to pause them while gaming (I wonder how many got unpaused). I'm not B##ching (much) about it tho. At least they are doing something.
Why did u ever allowed them to run Graphical version, u should have told them that the console ones automatically pauses when they game... But then I'm fine with it cause ur way up there away from most of us. :)

I did but they don't trust anything to get in the way of gaming. They all compete on online tournaments and if they thought they could blame bad play on a program I asked them to run I would never hear the end of it.

Damn, 27 cpus is more than I could get if I borged my whole department (which would prolly also get me fired.)

<Vader> Impressive... most impressive </Vader>

I notice we are all ranked on hardfolding, and thought i would share the current ranks with y'all.

[H]Oldbenwa.........Noble
r00k.....................Noble
[BRO]Alaskan......Chosen
brycejones............Chosen
BLUEFISH44.........Chosen
sobe.....................Chosen
Schro...................Chosen
Round_Square......Chosen
chemist_slime.......Falxman
Crosshairs.............Falxman
Jon855...................Falxman
Xilikon....................Falxman
Pocatello...............Falxman
IanG......................Falxman
OSUguy98.............Falxman
Cedrick_Battlewind..Falxman
tsuehpsyde............Swordsman
Erasmus354..........Warbandman

Let's see some more Chosen !!

Also it should be noted. COLLECTIVELY WE 18 HAVE NOW RAISED 100,000 POINTS FOR THE [H]ORDE !!!!

Hooray... 100k has been broken by 18 of us in less than a week :) That's good and ... I'll be in Chosen range within a day or so :) with some big leaps.

Back