Race for ATi X1950Pro - Official Contest Thread

Looks like I might just overtake tsuehpsyde before this thing finishes tomorrow. Great job by r00k, ben and alaskan. Maybe there'll be a last minute suprise.

Its not over untill the last person crosses the 100K line. Or untill the grab bag is empty. So if there are 4 items in the grab bag we go untill 5 people cross the 100K line.

Ok, so here its 6:15 am, but the stats page has not updated since midnight. what gives?

edit: 6:42 and at some point twixt then and present it did its thing..

The stats got a late start on the 4am update, however please remember that the stats go by stanford's time which is pacific zone time, 6:15 am central is only 4:15 am Pacific.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Webmaster: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

I'm aware of the time zone difference, however that has translated into updates at 12 3 6 and 9 , happening 9 minutes after the hour.

Ok sorry, your original message *read* like you meant it was 6 hours behind, was just trying to clear up any mis-interpretation of the time zone differences.

There was a major update done to the site this morning, the stats being a few minutes late was a side effect of that update.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Webmaster: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

Rook needs only 3,286 to win this contest.

Nice going dude!

Pocatello said:
Rook needs only 3,286 to win this contest.

Nice going dude!

He is pushing nearly 2k points an update. There is one processing now, and then another at noon. He should have this in the bag at the noon update.

Which means he may be visiting tonight :D

Viper87227 said:
What are you suggesting?

I know r00k personally, and can assure you 100% that his borgs are legit. Past that, it doesn't matter where they came from if he doesn't want to share.

Inner team transfers of boxen not allowed. Statement not entirely true.

marty9876 said:

None of his borgs were transfered. They were all new borgs. Once again, I know this for 100% fact, and will defend it to the end. R00k absolutly did not cheat to get his borgs.

Viper87227 said:
None of his borgs were transfered. They were all new borgs. Once again, I know this for 100% fact, and will defend it to the end. R00k absolutly did not cheat to get his borgs.

R00k and Viper sitting in a tree, b o r g ing.... :p

Oldbenwa said:
R00k and Viper sitting in a tree, b o r g ing.... :p

None of them were my doing either :D

I don't think it would be fair if I helped him,given my small, but still existant involvment here. I do however, know the full story behind all of his bogs. Being friends gets me pirvvy to insider information like that :D. As such, I know that none of them were transfered borgs... and we can leave it at that :p. As I said before, if r00k wishes to share or not share the story behind his massive borging, that is up to him. I believe he is just waiting till after the contest ends though, so I am not going to ruin that for him by slipping information.

So just take my word for it... all his borgs check out.

Viper87227 said:

Nobody is saying they are not, calm down you overly defensive little moose.

I was simply correcting you post tis all.

:D

marty9876 said:
so r00k, mind enlighting us as to there this tasty borg came from?

That, or I'll post in interesting link..... might be able to put 2 + 2 together on my own.

party on....
It sure sounds like someone is implying that either someone transfered borgs to Rook or he got them through some other nefarious actions. Please enlighten the rest of of Marty as to what you think was inapropriate action on Rooks part. I for one would love to see this interesting link you have.

[BRO]Alaskan said:
It sure sounds like someone is implying that either someone transfered borgs to Rook or he got them through some other nefarious actions. Please enlighten the rest of of Marty as to what you think was inapropriate action on Rooks part. I for one would love to see this interesting link you have.

must not insert goat somethign something link.... must resist..... :)

I must have been mistaken...

marty9876 said:
Nobody is saying they are not, calm down you overly defensive little moose.

I was simply correcting you post tis all.

My point was valid... you had nothing to correct :D

Oldbenwa said:
Sadly, Marty doesn't drink.....

He doesn't yet

marty9876 said:

/me shakes his fist.
Maaarrrrrtyyyyy..... (he warns in a terse tone)

I'm at work right now, and probably heading to viper's place (he's about an hour away) tonight. Well, nix that, i'm heading to Target tonight to meet our esteemed PS3 Camper :D to collect. I will gladly share the story of my contest b0rging later on when i get a chance.

lol

ahhhh warn me please, twice, out back in the play ground, with a big stick...

note to rook: warnings + me = LOL

ps viper D= means what?

r00k said:
He doesn't yet

/me shakes his fist.
Maaarrrrrtyyyyy..... (he warns in a terse tone)

I'm at work right now, and probably heading to viper's place (he's about an hour away) tonight. Well, nix that, i'm heading to Target tonight to meet our esteemed PS3 Camper :D to collect. I will gladly share the story of my contest b0rging later on when i get a chance.

Yay2me!

MooseEdit: R00k, take it to PM.

I meant when I said it was over. :)

for a contest projected to last 90 to 100 days, 14 days is not bad at all. granted, it should be nice watching the sub-contest (schro, broalaskan, brycejones and bluefish anyone?) over the next few weeks.

Congrats Rook. I just checked your points at Stanford and you hav 100,600+ pts Since I did not win I ordered a 1950pro. We will see its folding power in a few days

Congrats indeed. By HF.com you have not one yet, but you have by Stanford. Regardless of what Moose choses to go by, I don't think ben in gunna pull off 11k points at the next update :).

Your card is packed tight in my car, waiting to be picked up. :)

Roman_79,

Holy awesome... I'm leading you by 105 points at the time of this posting :)

Back