R520 Pics leaked!!! comments here

Pictures do nothing for me, I need SPECS. :D Still cool though.

EDIT: ok saw them in the other thread, now I want benches!

All that extra length is most likely the same as the 7800GTX in that it's the extra chips needed for a Dual-Link port support.

I suspect you 30" apple cinema owners are going to be happy.

There's also several threads about this product on the parent forum. Could we combine them all into a single supper thread?

god damnit! a pci-e cable for external power!!!!! they destroyed the idea of the pci-e slot giving all the power. go x800XL forever!!!!

So I assume with the massive size, we now have to pay frieght shippin costs, as this must only be able to fit on a skid.

wtf massive size? it's the same as a 7800gtx

i like the heatsink cooling much better though

All of the memory on one side?????? Should make for some interesting aftermarket cooling solutions......

HRslammR said:

thats obviously NOT the stock cooler.. look at the bottom pic.. the momory dont line up... um guessing they just put a Arctic cooler on it... one that fit...

Scroatdog said:
All of the memory on one side?????? Should make for some interesting aftermarket cooling solutions......
its probly 512.. there is no back photo so we really dont know from these pics...

Thats big. makes the MOBO in the last picture look tiny. I would think the cooling solution is an add-on???? Looks nice tho. I hope it will perform up to expectations. I still like my 7800 GTX. :D

shipping is expected end of Q3, so we should see some details very soon I suppose. Some careful reading of the numbers look to see 8 x 32 MB memory = 256 MB. I think there is something about 32 pipelines there but in the next line it lists 16???? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

i notice they had it next a to a ELSA 7800.... ELSA?.. since when they they start selling cards again?... i remember my Geforce 2 Ultra was made by ELSA.... anyone eles remember them?.. anyone know what happened to them?

Warrior said:
nice find!...

this looks more like the stock cooler to me... i wish it blew hot air out of the case.... :rolleyes:

What do you mean... It does blow the hot air out of the case, thats why its a dual slot cooler.

It's just like the cooler on the X850's it pulls the air from the inside of the case and blows it out the back.

oh ok thats cool... im a 68GT owner.. im not totaly familier with the new ati cooling...
thanks for the info...

i still think blowing directly on the heasink and out of the case is a better way to cool.. IO

hey thanks for the english....

At first, we thought that the R520 mounting holes will be similar to X850XT but it seems otherwise. In fact, it is similar to the GeForce 6800 Ultra so we employ a nVidia cooler to R520

are you all thinking wat im thinking?.....interchangable aftermarket coolers?...

According to our source, the R520 core is design with 32 pipelines in mind but due to yield problem, not all the pipelines can be utilized

what does that mean? :confused:

Wow....Its Big....Bold....and Beautiful :D

Its about time Radeon got back into the game....I can't wait for those benchmarks...and Corssfire mode :eek:

It means that they are able to make 16 pipes run flawless, even 24 but are having problems getting it to run it 32.
Which means you are most likely going to see 24 pipe cards at launch and a few months later they will release a new SUPER card that runs with 32.

how the hell is that suppose to fit on allot of these smaller-ish motherboards?

man its way to big, do they really need to be that big?

monster.under.thebed said:

It'll fit fine on the smaller mobos. It's the smaller cases that'll have a hard time housing it. :D

well if ATI is that big.. then they HAVE to be that big.... cause all my live ATI has had some bittytitty cards

HRslammR said:

interesting you should say that, as it's not ATI's cooling solution but one off of an nVIDIA card. I kid you not folks, read the english translation here. They could only get the sample without a cooling solution and had to add one on. You are seeing an AC Silencer HSF for an nVIDIA card that works because of the similar memory layout.

http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/r520firstlook-e.htm

So you can add that cool cooler to your nVIDIA boards if ya want.

HighTest said:
interesting you should say that, as it's not ATI's cooling solution but one off of an nVIDIA card. I kid you not folks, read the english translation here. They could only get the sample without a cooling solution and had to add one on. You are seeing an AC Silencer HSF for an nVIDIA card that works because of the similar memory layout.

http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/r520firstlook-e.htm

So you can add that cool cooler to your nVIDIA boards if ya want.
i already stated it was a arctic cooler

monster.under.thebed said:

It is the same size in length as the 7800GTX... but yes the cooler is big. I don't know how its going to fit into Crossfire mobos...Thats all I know :p

V99 said:
It is the same size in length as the 7800GTX... but yes the cooler is big. I don't know how its going to fit into Crossfire mobos...Thats all I know :p
If it's the same size in length as a 7800GTX, then there won't be a problem getting it onto crossfire motherboards...the layout of the DFI RDX-200 CF-DR is almost identical to the latest revision to the NF4 boards, so there aren't any clearance issues with the chipset.

Back