R520 Pics leaked!!! comments here

This thing must be the best kept seceret in the world. We have pictures and everything but we still have no benches or a confirmation on how many pipes the damn things have. I still am thinking 16 but I know a lot of others are hoping for more.

im gunna say the high end card will have 24 but in small quantitys

Akuma said:
So you think the 256MB FX5200 is good buy?
I don't know if Terra is reading this thread, so I'll just say what he would say, because I find this statement to be flawed as well.

"The straw-man rhetorical technique is the practice of refuting weaker arguments than one's opponents actually offer. To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is to create a position that is easy to refute, then attribute that position to your opponent.

One can set up a straw man in several different ways:

1. Present the opponent's argument in weakened form, refute it, and pretend that the original has been refuted.
2. Present a misrepresentation of the opponent's position, refute it, and pretend that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.
3. Present someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, refute that person's arguments, and pretend that every upholder of that position, and thus the position itself, has been defeated.
4. Invent a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticised, and pretend that the person represents a group that the speaker is critical of."

Well it's quite obviously that the R520 will not be fast enough to take advantage 1GB just like there is little to no effect of 512MB on the 6800U, 268MB on the 9800 Pro/9600/FX5600/FX5200.

Akuma said:
Well it's quite obviously that the R520 will not be fast enough to take advantage 1GB just like there is little to no effect of 512MB on the 6800U, 268MB on the 9800 Pro/9600/FX5600/FX5200.
"Ignoratio elenchi (also known as irrelevant conclusion) is the logical fallacy of presenting an argument that may in itself be valid, but which proves or supports a different proposition than the one it is purporting to prove or support. "Ignoratio elenchi" can be roughly translated by ignorance of the issue; "elenchi" is from the Greek έλεγχος, meaning an argument of disproof or refutation.

Aristotle believed that an ignoratio elenchi is a mistake made by a questioner while attempting to refute a respondent's argument. He called it an ignorance of what makes for a refutation."

:-D

Krayzie135 said:
i think all the pics we are seeing are fake, because they all look different. serious

get some glasses... wash the shit off your monitor and look at them again

finalgt said:
I don't know if Terra is reading this thread, so I'll just say what he would say, because I find this statement to be flawed as well.

No I actually never vendor into this subforum, untill I did a search for "terra", and found a thread contaning my nick, in which I hadn't posted :eek: *L*

"The straw-man rhetorical technique is the practice of refuting weaker arguments than one's opponents actually offer. To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is to create a position that is easy to refute, then attribute that position to your opponent.

One can set up a straw man in several different ways:

1. Present the opponent's argument in weakened form, refute it, and pretend that the original has been refuted.
2. Present a misrepresentation of the opponent's position, refute it, and pretend that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.
3. Present someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, refute that person's arguments, and pretend that every upholder of that position, and thus the position itself, has been defeated.
4. Invent a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticised, and pretend that the person represents a group that the speaker is critical of."

But I very much agree on you posting here :)

Terra - This is a very good page for learning good debating

Crimson Tear said:
LMAO. Seeing who's talking about you, eh?

Yeah, I just wondered...and found a result ;) *L*

Terra - Not that I feel mad over they way my name was mentioned though ;)

Tytanium said:
If it's the same size in length as a 7800GTX, then there won't be a problem getting it onto crossfire motherboards...the layout of the DFI RDX-200 CF-DR is almost identical to the latest revision to the NF4 boards, so there aren't any clearance issues with the chipset.

This is not about length... Its width. With those massive Coolers... They are going to have to put those 2x PCI-E slots on either end of the mobo :p

finalgt said:
"Ignoratio elenchi (also known as irrelevant conclusion) is the logical fallacy of presenting an argument that may in itself be valid, but which proves or supports a different proposition than the one it is purporting to prove or support. "Ignoratio elenchi" can be roughly translated by ignorance of the issue; "elenchi" is from the Greek έλεγχος, meaning an argument of disproof or refutation.

Aristotle believed that an ignoratio elenchi is a mistake made by a questioner while attempting to refute a respondent's argument. He called it an ignorance of what makes for a refutation."

:-D

You don't seem to be supporting your own argument with this. I highly doubt that it will. Since games are only just starting to get close to using 256mb, How do you expect the r520 to magically pull 4x the image size out of nothing. A 7800GTX does just fine even at 2048x1536 w/ 4x AA and it only has 256mb. 1Gb IS too much.

On topic:
I can't wait for the NDA to be lifted on the benches for this thing. Hopefully it will deliver after such a long wait.

ATi R520 Slated For Oct 5th Launch

it will be amazing if ati could get there shit togather on that set date.... like Nvidia did...

Impressive video card! I'll take two of the R520XT please.;)

"256MB on the 9800 Pro"
I resemble that remark.

SkaarjMaster said:
"256MB on the 9800 Pro"
I resemble that remark.

Just curious, what does that mean? You are similar to a 9800 Pro with 256MB?

I like nVidia, but I honestly hope that ATI busts out with something killer. The consumer will always win in a battle for supremacy between companies.

Here's my 2 cents...with no offense to anyone.

Until I see a retail product, with complete specs, readily available, and reviewed by reputable sites ([H]ard|OCP, AnandTech, etc) I'm not speculating nor believing anything that is posted.

IMHO posting 'preview' shots is akin to a paper launch...fictional until proven factual by real product and real reviews/user experiences.

Staples said:
This thing must be the best kept seceret in the world. We have pictures and everything but we still have no benches or a confirmation on how many pipes the damn things have. I still am thinking 16 but I know a lot of others are hoping for more.

Looking at the picture one can see at least twenty pipes running across the PCB, possibly more. This looks like it will be one hell of a card.

Staples said:

I think the Nintendo Revolution's controller is the most secretive. ;)

But as long as I've "been in the loop" with computer technology (which wasn't very long), this is the most kept secret I've seen in the video card area.

Wow, that thing is going to be a beast.

I think I saw some stats on warp2search.net (or at least a link to them) saying the X1800XL will be about as fast as a 850 XT PE.

Has anyone seen pricing on these?

would it be possible to watercool that thing ?

the fan noise should be pretty bad.

fan noise?.. its the same cooler.. hell the one they show is a NV silencer.. ..

but if it has the same holes as the nvidia card im sure a maze 4 will fit it fine..

Back