Quit WoW

Yes, would of been a smarter move.

Still an awesome video none the less though. But if you are going to delete the character, why sell everything to the vendor?

They actually did restore it, sent me an email about it, I uninstalled the game. I have no idea how much I can even get for mah account?
Pretty good items, lvl 63 paladin and lvl 42 mage with 1300g.

Your Video = Fail

Well congrats on quiting I guess. WoW just isn't for everyone. I still play it and now have 2 lvl 70 chars.

ims till yet to play this game. is it realy that good? do you think i should go and try to play it?

There will no longer be the urge to go back...
Can GM's restore your chars? heh

Don't think I would do that. However, our of curiosity.... would all of the armour pieces be revived as well?

They actually did restore it

Looking at the progress of this thread, it would appear you're getting back into WoW.

You said you like basketball and want to setup a server. Do it, and start reading up on SQL to get your interests elsewhere. There's nothing better then having a hobby where you actually have something to show for your time.

I don't really get what is so great about WOW. And why so many people play this and basically never see the light of day because they claim it's addicting and it sucks you in. What's the hype with this PC game?

I don't play it, so I couldn't tell you, but I would assume it's the same addiction to any other type of game that involves stats and competing with other players. Play a simple flash game that doesn't keep score and you'll lose interest in a minute. Add in stats, and you'll play a dozen times trying to beat the high score. Once you allow players to earn any type of points or competitive advantage over other players based on how much they play, you'll get people that are addicted. Just realize, if someone is +1 level better then you, they just went to -1 in real life.

Yeah i also don't get what is so addictive with the game. I brought it played for about a week or so got to like lvl 16 or something, then just took it off my computer and canceled my account.

I quit for about a year then reactivated my account. Big mistake, still sucked all my family time/etc. So about 6 months ago I sent my blues and purples that I had collected plus all the gold I had to another addict I knew from work :D I had 3 epic world drops and about 20 random blue items and about 3000 gold that I sent him. Then I deleted my level 68 Mage (with maxed enchant/tailoring) my level 62 rogue(maxed alchy/herb), 59 hunter, and a bunch of 30-50 level characters. I bet if I totalled up all the time I put into them, the amount of gold that I sunk into getting their skills up (had max talents on every proffesion) it would add up to months of my life wasted.

Even if I wanted to un-delete them they would have absolutely no equipment or money so Im pretty happy I managed to get rid of my addiction. Now... what to do about my [H]ard forum habit :confused:

is there gunna be a wow2? wy dont they make a wow 2 with imrpved graphics? im sure a wow2 will resurect pc gaming again. it needs a game like this to reclaim its crown as top machine to play games on. rigth now consoles are pissing over pc's

Reminds me of Diablo 2. I played this thing online for 5 years, I had everything anyone could ever dream of having. This game took my life away much like WoW does to so many people nowadays. Then on december 2005 I finally had enough and deleted all my characters with every godlike imaginable item on them and never looked back. I felt bad for a few weeks, it was like stopping an addiction and you have to go through the detoxification period. Since then I've never played any kind of MMO and never will again, these kinds of games can addict me too easily. Actually any kind of game that requires grinding/competition between other players is a no no in my book, since you have to be always playing to keep up and it leads nowhere.

Quitting is the hardest part on this kind of games, I salute you and try not to replace it with something similar.

I never played WoW. (Well actually I did play for about 1 or 2 hours but did not like it). However, like you I was addicted to Diablo II and spent all my free time playing that. For the last 2 years that I played I spent all my time building and dueling with Hell rushed level 9 duelers that were twinked to the max. I was considered one of the top VLLD players on US East. Finally, in 2004, I quit cold turkey and gave my accounts to an online friend. He quit a couple months later and sold my VLLD account for $300.

Every once in a while I get that pang of regret but I know it was the right thing to do. Game addictions are hard to kick. I am getting ready to start playing Age of Conan upon it's release on May 20th. Hopefully, I am older and wiser now and will be able to keep it "casual".

To the OP: Congrats on breaking free (if you did). Enjoy the up coming summer sunshine and fresh air!

But.. why not just freeze the account... .... and whats up with that random account name

I sold my main account tonight, reactivated a friend's account for a month to talk to guildies and stuff, but I'm all but done as a serious player for the moment. Being a raider since 2005 that kept getting caught up in the Kael/Vashj screwjob really discouraged me. I've cleared everything pre-BC and had never seen a bottleneck like Kael/Vashj. I got my Vashj vial a few weeks ago and we've been working on Kael for several weeks with very slow progress. I know the attunements are going to be lifted in 2.4, but we won't get very far in BT/Hyjal without that experience. All I saw on the horizon for my character was likely more guild crackups and a small chance at finding a guild stable and skilled enough to get to the top of the mountain. I feel kind of bad for leaving my guild suddenly, but how good are we really if we can't down Kael in a month, even after all the nerfs to the fight? How long will it be before the fifteen good players in the raid get frustrated with the ten terribles and look to better progressed guilds? If you aren't at or near the top of the mountain, your guild is almost always in a constant state of flux with tensions between good players and bad ones that have to be carried. This seems to be far more true now than before TBC.

I got about $300 out of my account, but I've spent nearly that in transfers and gold over the years. I think I spent about $150 on transfers for several characters over the past eighteen months looking for just the right guild on just the right schedule, probably $100-$200 in gold pre-BC, in addition to subscription fees. While that SEEMS like a lot of money at first, it really isn't because I haven't bought many PC games since then and kept an old system for longer than I normally would have; the savings from what I would have spent on other things was far greater than my WoW bill.

WoW is cheap, addictive, and lasting fun for some people. But the good times don't last forever. I don't regret playing WoW, and while I don't "have anything to show for it," I did have tons of fun, but that's exhausted now. I might still level casually on the other account, but I'm done as a serious raider, at least for the rest of TBC.

It pains me to see that some of you treat this game as if it were heroin.

It has very little replay value. OP didn't even make it to max level and he got bored. How people can possibly get addicted to it is beyond me.

yeah i tried the game out a few months back. got to like level 30 and then i realized that the game is so boring. all that happens is you walk around pressing 1 and 2 to attack creatures that are around your level then you gain a few levels and then you move to a new area and kill more creatures. but guess what? your new powers you gained from leveling arent that impressive anymore because the creatures your fighting in this new area are the same damned level as you. so monotonous

why people pay to play games like this leaves me :confused:

Yeah i also don't get what is so addictive with the game. I brought it played for about a week or so got to like lvl 16 or something, then just took it off my computer and canceled my account.

It's just a game. People lose sleep over playing this addicting game.

I'm going back to wow after 7 months without it... Where is the support group ;)... lol, the game is addictive for a lot of people, it just feels like theres never an end to the game, because it's so hard to get the best of everything. That and you meet some cool people that you enjoy playing with, it's like any RPG that you enjoy. Some people get drawn in and have the hardest time quitting, I have 3... 2 friends (hate the 3rd) who are so addicted to this game, that is all they do. College kids almost failing out and can't afford rent because none of them work.

It's sad to see shit like this happen to your friends, but hell, it's their choice. If I knew I could sit there and play wow casually like I do any FPS, then I'd still have my account, instead, I made 200 bucks for a few days of play. Ok, it was really half a year of my life gone, but still, was fun.

Funny, but I can never bring myself to deleting toons. Uninstalling the game was all I needed.

I agree, I have played MMORPGs since Asheron's Call, and I haven't deleted that toon. I resubscribed after 1.5 years and there was still my toon. I quit WoW just recently but I will be back for the Lich King expansion. :D

Looking at the progress of this thread, it would appear you're getting back into WoW.

You said you like basketball and want to setup a server. Do it, and start reading up on SQL to get your interests elsewhere. There's nothing better then having a hobby where you actually have something to show for your time.
I noticed that too :D.

No, I am not back on WoW. I got my account restored, douchie that I sent all my gold to didn't send it back ;(. Well, I just feel better knowing that the account is still there, would be happier if I get my gold before 25th of March, that is when my month runs out and I am not paying for another.

Since then, I logged a total of 5 minutes in WoW, checking my ingame mail to see if he freakin sent my gold back like he promised.

I began working on a website, spend way more time reading and learning things, and play some LOTRO, feels great.

No need to grind and no feelings of regret. Productive day usually, LOTRO is funner than WoW to me :p.

Good for you. I quit back in 2006. I still miss my toon. Fortunately I gave them to a friend so he can deal with it.

Funny, but I can never bring myself to deleting toons. Uninstalling the game was all I needed.

Neither can I. I spent too much time and money to just delete all my work. A good uninstall will stop ya.

I stopped playing because I got bored of it and the thought that I can never be the best in the server because blizz keeps adding gear in the game.

'Till they stop make expansions and there is finally a cap in the game, I might finish it up. I still got it on my computer, the shitty graphics alone keep me from playing that game... c'mon, go tell valve to make a version of it.

Haha, I haven't seen him in about 5 months now.:D

I just hope I will never meet you, who knows what else you want to pass up to your friends?

'Till they stop make expansions and there is finally a cap in the game, I might finish it up. I still got it on my computer, the shitty graphics alone keep me from playing that game... c'mon, go tell valve to make a version of it.

I do not understand that, so all you want to do is be the best player on your server? Personally, I just play for the fun of it, I never strive to be the best of the best in any mmo.

I just hope I will never meet you, who knows what else you want to pass up to your friends?

I do not understand that, so all you want to do is be the best player on your server? Personally, I just play for the fun of it, I never strive to be the best of the best in any mmo.

I just quit as well, been playing since about a month after launch (although this is about my 5th "quit" now).

I play for the same reason as the person you quoted. I want to be that guy in Ironforge or Orgrimmar that when you pass, you always inspect and go wow.. I wish I had that gear.

Not only that, but you won't be in the fun end-game dungeons if you were just "playing for fun". You would be stuck pugging 5 mans with constant wiping and waiting for replacements, which is no fun at all.

So I quit. I had too much time on my hands to spend on this game, and I was still getting nowhere because others weren't playing for as much as I was, so everytime I logged on, all I had to do was run around Orgrimmar until something happened two hours later. No thanks and good riddens.

I just quit as well, been playing since about a month after launch (although this is about my 5th "quit" now).

I play for the same reason as the person you quoted. I want to be that guy in Ironforge or Orgrimmar that when you pass, you always inspect and go wow.. I wish I had that gear.

Not only that, but you won't be in the fun end-game dungeons if you were just "playing for fun". You would be stuck pugging 5 mans with constant wiping and waiting for replacements, which is no fun at all.

So I quit. I had too much time on my hands to spend on this game, and I was still getting nowhere because others weren't playing for as much as I was, so everytime I logged on, all I had to do was run around Orgrimmar until something happened two hours later. No thanks and good riddens.

You know, years back that is what I wanted too, to have the best damned gear ever so that everybody respected me. Then I grew up, realised that I could be doing other things instead and could instead excel in real life stuff, rather than spending hours upon hours in the game.

You know you're addicted to WoW when you're asked to go out and socialize with friends but you make excuses to stay in to play.

That game took two years of my life. Played since late stages of beta and I quit October '06. I gave my account away and he transferred both of my characters to a new account and I can never get them back. When I quit WoW, I went back to SWG but recently quit that. :D

I started WoW when it first came out on blackrock pvp server... after grinding it out being one of the few high level rouges and ganking a many people as I could. I started to get bored after I found myself grieving newbs all day and dueling friends all day. I was expecting more of a hardcore PvP experience like old school UO or something even along the lines of DAOC. Instead all WoW turned out to be was a carebear pve circle jerk.

I started WoW when it first came out on blackrock pvp server... after grinding it out being one of the few high level rouges and ganking a many people as I could. I started to get bored after I found myself grieving newbs all day and dueling friends all day. I was expecting more of a hardcore PvP experience like old school UO or something even along the lines of DAOC. Instead all WoW turned out to be was a carebear pve circle jerk.

I can't believe that some folk ( you guys ) would choose PVP over PVE. I find PVE way funner ;P.

PVE takes way more time, PVP you can log in and do whenever you feel like it.

Instead all WoW turned out to be was a carebear pve circle jerk.

This sums it up nicely. Even the pvp felt like pve after a while. Grinding against people from other servers just to get more items or whatever. Contrast that with a game like Daoc, I literally never got tired of pvp in oldschool Emain, that was great times.

Wow-free for a year now, I can thank TBC's crapiness and the level 70 gear-reset for pissing me off enough to finally quit.

Exactly. Ever since they added Cross realm battle grounds PvP was totally lame. I always liked running in a PvP group against other alliance groups that you actually knew and saw on your server every day.

It added a more personal touch to PvP. With cross realm BGs it was just honor farmers vs honor farmers.

BC was fun for a while, until it became clear that blizzard was just going to keep adding on and on to get more money and keep people hooked. At least the content Pre-BC was far more challenging, it would take longer then a month to clear it. Now if you havn't cleared BT your months behind.

yeah i tried the game out a few months back. got to like level 30 and then i realized that the game is so boring. all that happens is you walk around pressing 1 and 2 to attack creatures that are around your level then you gain a few levels and then you move to a new area and kill more creatures. but guess what? your new powers you gained from leveling arent that impressive anymore because the creatures your fighting in this new area are the same damned level as you. so monotonous

why people pay to play games like this leaves me :confused:

If you quit at level 30 then you never even saw the game, basically.

never played the game. i think the only time i seen something about it was "leroryy jenkinssssssssss"

thats it.., doubt i will ever play it. It look dumb and i only like FPS games. Even bioshock is alittle odd because it seems like a rpg.

If you quit at level 30 then you never even saw the game, basically.

well seeing as i had the week off work this week i have once again installed the game. currently leveling up a blood elf warlock. damn this game! :(

Back