Quietest black and blue LED CPU cooler (that's at least "good")

The Internal

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone. So, the thread title is pretty self-explanatory. I'm looking to do a new-build with black everything and blue accents. I'd love to find a very quiet heatsink that happens to be black that I could either put on a blue LED fan or that comes with a blue LED fan. A good heatsink is preferred, though a decent one may be tolerable.

I'm currently eyeballing the Asus Rog strix x99 bored along with some Corsair Vengeance LED Ram, so having it fit would be nice too. This will be the first build I've done with a side panel in about a decade, so I want it to look good. :p

buy any of the heat pipe / multi finned heat sinks (noctua nhd-15, etc.) and cut a piece of black plastic to match the top of the heat sink, and use black case fans w blue LEDs.

Don't bother with anything off the shelf, assuming you could find one, it would probably be crap. Also don't bother with LED fans, that also tend to be on the shit end of performance. Get a good HS, there are a few black ones out there. Then pick up a black fan, blue fan choices are going to be few for quality, then add a blue LED strip to the bottom side of the HS and maybe a few LEDs to the fan if you want more blue. If you are willing to grab a can of spray paint even more HS become options, you are just painting more or less the top fin and edges, no one can see between or under, so who cares, same can be said for the fan, pretty easy to paint the blades blue.

If you don't want to do painting etc, then my choice would be the Prolimatech Megahalems Blue Series, paired with a Alphacool NB-eLoop, if you HAVE to have LEDs in the fan, then go with the ML120 Pro.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back