• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Quiet Cooling

vexion

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 20, 2008
Messages
91
Hey guys,

I'm looking for input on quiet CPU cooling solutions. Preferably air-cooled, I don't have the know-how to install my own water system. Anyone know any good recent reviews or best-of lists or some such I could consult, or just have an opinion off-hand?

I'm probably not going to be overclocking, or only conservatively if I do, but I want to know which aftermarket coolers are notoriously the quietest while still being significantly better than stock. I was already going to get a Freezer 7 Pro, but I wanted to do a little more research. Thanks!
 
Thanks, the website is really useful. One of the things they mention when they're discussing HSFs is how the stock fans that come on heatsinks are overly loud. I'm Googling furiously now, but I had a a few more questions:

  • Do most people attach aftermarket fans to their heatsinks and eschew stock?
  • Is it very difficult?
  • How big a sacrifice would I be making of cooling power for relative silence?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
- Not really.
- Depends on the HSF but generally no
- Depends on the HSF and fan you use.
 
Back
Top