QuickTime Alternative giving me different performance in different players?

Odin75

Gawd
Well, I been playing those movie trailers from the Apple website. The videos look awesome. I've always play the 720p and they run fine. But when I tried to play 1080p videos, it lags. That's when someone on the forum told me to try QuickTime alternative. So I went unistalled QuickTime, and installed the Alternative.
Now, I'm able to play the videos in any player, but It lags still. Well, not in WMP11. In WMP11 it plays really smooth, but the sound is stereo. I don't find a way to change it. I also tried VLC player, but it lags as well, and only gives meup to 4.0. I also tried to play the file with Media Player Classic, and that's the only one that gives me 5.1, but it lags also.
So yeah, I wanna find a way play those 1080p videos smooth and with good sound. Seems like I can only get aether one or the other to work.

Can I get any help on this. Help would be greatly appreciated.

bump.

By the way, I tried DivX and I get smooth play just as WMP11, but the same problem of stereo sound, and no way of changing it.

Umm have you read the System Recommendations for 1080P content?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/hd/recommendations.html

For 1920x1080 (1080p) video at 24 frames per second:

QuickTime 7 for Windows:

* 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium D (dual-core) or faster processor
* At least 1GB of RAM
* 64MB or greater video card
* Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or XP Service Pack 2

You have a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4. See why it lags?

You did say the sound becomes stereo in WMP11 and Divx. I guess both those players sacrifice sound quality for video quality.

Yea...that might be an explanation. Maybe It cannot handle both at the same time.
Anyways, thanks a lot man.

I actually hadn't heard of this alternative to QT, so I gave it a shot. I like it (fast!), BUT

the Onion Radio News files (like this) aren't recognized. It still says I need a plugin. No, I don't have Itunes so I'm not going to be using the podcast link on pages like this. QTA works for other things in my browser (FF 2.0.0.4) fine, like the pronunciation guides on m-w.com

Anyone? I want my freaking Onion!

Back