Quickbooks queston

Hey guys. Doing some side work and this will be my first exprience with Quickbooks.

Currenty quickbooks is installed on one pc. Need to move DB to a server and then share it out so others can get to it. Any advice?

From what I can tell, install quickbooks on server only to say host the db here and then point the clients to the new db? Can I then copy the db files from the PC to the new server?

Thanks

on the 'server' you have to install the small qb app to host the DB file, QB actually doesnt install on the server (unless your using it there too)
Share the folder out, make sure perms are correct, move the DB files there.
You might need the god admin account for QB...I once had the company file working fine on 1 PC for a customer, 2 yrs later they wanted it on an official server so we went and moved it, then upon first opening it, it asked for the admin password...mind you this isnt the password the users use when accessing QB. ended up having to call QB to get them to reset the DB file.
Done forget then youll also have to open the file in multi user mode so others can also use the DB file at the same time

Back