Quick Server check

MetricGnome

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
200
Hey [H],

Pulling the trigger on the below in the next 24 hours...please review. This build is for a FreeNAS box using ZFS. It will stream 1080p, music, movies and be used for storage.

capturecw.png
 
The case seems a bit overpriced at $145 shipped from Newegg. If you really want that case, I'd recommend getting it from Amazon.com where they have it for $110 shipped.

Other than the case, looks fine to me.
 
Hey [H],

Pulling the trigger on the below in the next 24 hours...please review. This build is for a FreeNAS box using ZFS. It will stream 1080p, music, movies and be used for storage.

capturecw.png

Have you checked how well the onboard network card will perform? If you are building a server, a network card is one of the most important components. I'd recommenced a dedicated Intel network card.

Also, when it comes to hardware, FreeBSD (which is what FreeNAS runs) is fairly picky with hardware, are you sure that motherboard is going to work? From what I can tell, people are having issues with that specific motherboard and FreeBSD
 
Have you checked how well the onboard network card will perform? If you are building a server, a network card is one of the most important components. I'd recommenced a dedicated Intel network card.

The onboard NIC of that mobo is an Intel NIC. So it should be fine.
 
Back
Top