gemini8026
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 12, 2003
- Messages
- 340
Hey all. I got a nice little work bonus this month. Im going to put it towards my first DSLR.
Ive already done a fair bit of research, and Ive found a camera that works great for me (and I tried it out as well) The Canon Rebel T2i (D550) seems to work great and has a cool movie mode that I see myself using a fair bit....
Quick question though.....
Digital cameras are now at a pretty good state, however theres one thing I DONT see. It's 1080p at 60fps progressive. I see 720p at 60fps, but theres nothing on the market currently that does 1080p at 60fps (mine does 1080p at 30fps, and 24fps). It's obviously a TON of data to put on a flash card, but im just worried thats the one thing that we might see on the next generation cameras.
The reason I ask is that 720p@60fps looks pretty damn cool for watching sports on. I tested out some friends playing tennis and it looked pretty sharp and clean. 1080p will only look cleaner and sharper, but its currently not happening @ 60 fps
Is there a reason why?! Will we see it next year? Are we limited by memory or processing? Im in no rush to get an SLR, but im just curious if thats the one feature id like, and might see next year
Ive already done a fair bit of research, and Ive found a camera that works great for me (and I tried it out as well) The Canon Rebel T2i (D550) seems to work great and has a cool movie mode that I see myself using a fair bit....
Quick question though.....
Digital cameras are now at a pretty good state, however theres one thing I DONT see. It's 1080p at 60fps progressive. I see 720p at 60fps, but theres nothing on the market currently that does 1080p at 60fps (mine does 1080p at 30fps, and 24fps). It's obviously a TON of data to put on a flash card, but im just worried thats the one thing that we might see on the next generation cameras.
The reason I ask is that 720p@60fps looks pretty damn cool for watching sports on. I tested out some friends playing tennis and it looked pretty sharp and clean. 1080p will only look cleaner and sharper, but its currently not happening @ 60 fps
Is there a reason why?! Will we see it next year? Are we limited by memory or processing? Im in no rush to get an SLR, but im just curious if thats the one feature id like, and might see next year