Quick Intel SSD G2 Question.

Zer0Cool

Limp Gawd
Is the 80 and 160 versions of Intel SSD G2 have the same performance with the latest firmware?

Reason I'm asking last time that I checked Intel was about to release a new firmware that would give like 35% boost only for 160gb SSD. Its been like 2 month now just want to see what actually happened.

Just checking.

Thanks.

Random reads and writes are the about same, as is sequential reads. But the 160GB does have a better sequential write speed, at 100MB/s vs 80MB/s. I don't know if the difference will make itself apparent in real usage, so I'd say buy which ever best meets your space needs.

You wouldn't really notice the difference in sequential write speed outside of transferring large files to the SSD. Maybe with a few apps that have a large scratch file to work with (Photoshop w/certain content comes to mind) it might make a difference in some scenarios, but ehh... Within the OS or while loading apps it wouldn't be relevant. But ya, the 160GB version got a small boost in sequential writes w/that update while the 80GB didn't, that was all.

Back