• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnusvir

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
1,165
I was just taking apart a Dell computer with a P4 1.4 to take back to fold when I realise that the mobo is frickin welded to the case itself. I am not taking back the case to school since I am flying and the airport guys probably wont let me anyway.

So is anyone needing a Dell PSU that I pulled out? Fits the Dell 8100 proprietary motherboard. If you need it, I can take it.

Mods. I know this should go in the parts thread but I need an answer in the next few hours since I leave in about 15 hours.

P.S. can you guys recommend a good socket 423 mobo for cheap?
 
Some cases you can pull the Mobo Tray out... would that work?

If not, just CUT around the motherboard and just take the black plate of the case and mobo with you :p
 
I got a 423 MB you can have.....umm it's RDRAM though...
 
marty9876 said:
I got a 423 MB you can have.....umm it's RDRAM though...

that might work though. wasnt dell using rdram for a while, so what he has might work with your mobo marty
 
false alarm everyone.

Apparently while I was trying one last time to dislodge it, something snapped underneath and the mobo came off in one piece. No damage done, I hope. :eek:

I guess if there is ever a problem, yank it to make it better. :p

Mods, pls lock this thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top