Question, Should i sell my GTX 570 SLI?

Eviljoker

Limp Gawd
OK, Ive been thinking on upgrading my rig, Currently im running 2x GTX 570 SLI,
1 is ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5 and the other is
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD Double Shot 1280 MB.

Both are great cards and i can pretty much run anything, But i was thinking that it might be better to sell these 2 cards while they are still worth something. :)

My question is, What card should i go for? Ether same performance(Single card) or better performance ? :confused:

Is it worth it? Should i wait?

O yea , im not planing on adding ALOT of money with it, But some money with it..

Suggestions??

Thanks

I went from 570s in SLI to a single 780 and it's been great. Better performance overall, lower heat, and significantly lower power draw. I was specifically targeting the card that I got so that I could move away from SLI (tired of the inconveniences occasionally associate with SLI).

If you're not shooting that far up the chain, then maybe look at snapping up some used 680s or going with a 770. The AMD cards in the same range (7970, R-280x) would be good, too but you'll have to be more intent on deal hunting based on the inflated pricing there.

I'd recommend a 770 or better.

I've been eyeballing the 770 for some time now to replace my 570, especially with the price drops taking place after the latest AMD launch, but I'm still holding firm for 20nm Maxwell parts to arrive. The difference is that I will be repurposing my 570 into another home computer, so I'm not worried about resale value.

I had a chance to get a 770 for $100 and freaking missed it... KICKING MY OWN ASS!!!!!

My wife has a gtx 560ti, Ive been thinking on giving her one of my 570's and selling the other 570 and the 560 ti, I would go for AMD, But Physx does make a difference in game, And you can notice it!

I just picked up 2 Galaxy 770 gtxs for $269 a piece, there are deals out there.

Yea for Galaxy cards I'm sure there are. Kinda bummed about them bailing out of the US market. :( May make for some nice deals for those willing to risk unpleasant and/or non-existent warranty crap though :)

Hoping my Galaxy card doesn't bite the dust anytime soon.

I looked at one if the new maxwell, the gtx 750, everything I ready didnt say the best stuff about it, from price/proformance ratio, to the proformance it's self.....

But that might just be the only thing I ready about it, I'll try to find some more on it and check it out

I intend to sell my pair of gtx570s as an sli set, when I get my R9-290X in march. I only expect to get $200 for the pair

I sold my SLI'd 570s on eBay about a month ago and bought a GTX 780. Good stuff! Sold the 570's for 170 each and a 580 for 150 to a member here. Pretty much paid for the 780. eBay fees and shipping costs set me back about 50-60 bucks.

I looked at one if the new maxwell, the gtx 750, everything I ready didnt say the best stuff about it, from price/proformance ratio, to the proformance it's self.....

But that might just be the only thing I ready about it, I'll try to find some more on it and check it out

Wait for the higher-end Maxwell cards to come out. Like the 800 series.

I wouldn't trade that setup for anything less than a 780. I went from 2 470's to a 680 at first and felt like it was side grade in max FPS, but a big jump in average. When I added a second 680, well then, lets just say I'm set for a while...

I thought bout that to, but one 680 don't bet my Sli and if I had to buy 2 Sli. Would be in same boat with heat, noise and power draw...

I'm thinking about selling mine on eBay as well.. Seem to get more on there than most places, I would say its b/c ALOT of people don't no about the PC communities :D

Back