Question on an RMA

DenyGFX

n00b
I needed a new 24 pin cable for my RM1000 and the one Corsair sent me is marked AX1200 only. I know they use different OEMs for each model, but will it work or should I call them and request the proper one?

Check to see if the pin layout is the same. From what I've seen they look identical. If you're hesitant to use it, call them up and check if they'll warrant the psu if you use the replacement 24pin cable and kill it.

I'm sure it'll be fine tho.

Check to see if the pin layout is the same. From what I've seen they look identical. If you're hesitant to use it, call them up and check if they'll warrant the psu if you use the replacement 24pin cable and kill it.

I'm sure it'll be fine tho.

I'm thinking I might just take the time and trace each wire down to see if the layout is correct. Would be easier if they had tech specs readily available.

True. Double check and be sure the pin layout is identical before using the cable. I'd also double check with Corsair's tech rep.

Can't be too careful ;)

I agree. The cables for the AX is specific for the AX only according to the chart info. Looks like the tech(s) @ Corsair's lab goofed.

Good looking out Paul.

Back