question for aluminum case owners...?

UrbN

Limp Gawd
I just bought the Cooler Master aluminum case, i was wondering about the drives, and floppy. What color do you guys use, do you have black drives, or do you have beige drives? I was wondering what looks better, but can't decide if you guys have pictures, do show.

I generally just remove the drive bezel(s) and spray paint them to match the case color. To me, that's a nice touch that I, as a builder and modder of systems, do to make them more pleasing to the eye. :cool:

A while back, a buddy of mine and I went to see a friend of ours, who was attending a LAN party here in town. My friends made fun of me, as I was walking around, checking out the various systems people at the LAN party had, cuz I kept going on about, "That'd be a LOT nicer looking system if they'd just paint the drive bezels!!" :p

Guess it's just a matter of asthetics to me. If you're going to take the time to build a system, and mod it to your preferences, why not take the time to paint the drive bezels? Sorry, no pics, but I'd either paint them to match the case color, or paint 'em to a corresponding color that will go well with your case color (i.e.--a case I built a system with had black & silver, so I painted the drives black, to go with that color of the case).

Hope that helps!

Personally, I think black drives look nice with aluminum cases. Especially if you paint the drive blanks to match.

yeah, i was thinking about black, i thought i was the only one. I got tired of seeing beige drives, you gotta add some twist. haha, i like the idea that someone mods their case to the color, thats awesome. I wish i could find some aluminum casing for my drives or an aluminum cover or somein, thats a funny story too. :D :D

I think black looks good too:
CM_201_3.jpg

stealth mod?

@tonyou
i would color the air-intake also in black, would look better.

I never realised that black drives looked so nice, but as everyone has gone Praetorian crazy, I am getting one too. But I am going to paint mine stone greyish (metallic) and stealth the drives with the anodized aluminium.

Or you could save money and just stealth them, that would look better than black in my opinion.

I put black drives and panels in my WaveMaster and it looks nice. I'll show a few pics this week when i will receive my digital cam. Remain to find a multi memory card reader /usb2 ports panel for the last 5 1/4" drive which is currently empty.

I think stealthing drives is lame. I think it looks moronic, like you're trying to convince people that the computer works without anything in it. Lame. I don't like it.

you know ive read all the different techniques to get the front of your case to looking better and i cant help but make the observation that someone invented the door for a reason ;)

and i dont wanna hear any shit about that its a hassle to open and close the door etc etc, ive heard every excuse under the sun not to have one. personally i use my drives nearly every day and its just one more step that becomes second nature.

my 2 cents

I have black DVD/CDRW combo (my only drive, don't own a floppy), the case and mask is silver colored. Looks nice.

DSC334.jpg

The 2nd black thing is HDD :D Its on Floopy's place, so in order to fit, I had to remove that silver thingy infront.

Is that your Sonata ;)?
Hammerhead; your view is fair enough, but you did not need to be so insulting. All your opinions are based on assumptions, so you have no back up to your arguement. Do us a favour and shut up.

HaMMerHeD said:
I think stealthing drives is lame. I think it looks moronic, like you're trying to convince people that the computer works without anything in it. Lame. I don't like it.
HaMMerHeD: That makes me feel that you are lame, are moronic, and are trying to impress your views on all of us. j/k, but seriously, that's what it made me think of you at first. You stealth drives to make them match the case better, which is very nice if you have a brushed aluminum case. I know Lian Li sells stealthing panels for their cases, and I'm pretty sure Coolermaster does the same thing. But if you don't take that route, do black :)

penguin said:
HaMMerHeD: That makes me feel that you are lame, are moronic, and are trying to impress your views on all of us. j/k, but seriously, that's what it made me think of you at first. You stealth drives to make them match the case better, which is very nice if you have a brushed aluminum case. I know Lian Li sells stealthing panels for their cases, and I'm pretty sure Coolermaster does the same thing. But if you don't take that route, do black :)
It depends on people's taste. Myself, i see stealthing drive bays looks cheap so i prefer black drives.

Black drives look good with aluminum cases. But then again if you can mod/paint the bezel's into silver(that matches) or have a hidden drive then that looks good also..

ShaolinDragon said:
Hammerhead; your view is fair enough, but you did not need to be so insulting. All your opinions are based on assumptions, so you have no back up to your arguement. Do us a favour and shut up.

I did't know I had to provide backup for my opinion. It is a fucking OPINION, asshole. That means I can feel that way whether you like it or not. I don't have to justify anything to you.

penguin said:

So...I don't like stealthed drives, so I'm a moron? I'm not trying to force my views on you. I'm just stating my opinion. You don't have to like it. I really don't care, either way.

SlasherDNA said:
NO!! Its LanBoy, thank you very much! LoL d00d, Sonata is ugly imo.

Sonata is black, and has different mask infront, doesnt have plexi.
http://images.vnunet.com/v6_image/v6_products/prod_h/big/bg_antec02.jpg

LanBoy is silver, has more 1337 mask, and it is bassicly more 1337 then Sonata. Its the original case, which were all other (Sonata, Super..) copyed from.
http://www.cd-log.co.il/images/antec/lanboy.jpg
[rofl] I know, because in the topic 'Choices for an AMD64 system', everyone mistook the LanBoy for a Sonata, and everyone was corrected, including myself. Sorry for trying to be funny ;) by being sarcastic.[/rofl]

Here is the case i picked up from Cooler Master, i got it from Directron.com for $89, it was orginally $120 or so. I used to image from techaddicts.net, i dont know of a good place to upload my photos to.

1sideshot.JPG

For those who wanted to know how black drives look in a silver aluminium case, here is a picture i took today :

DSCF0042.JPG

i prefer stealth drives. i only have one installed but it's hard to see on my case. i have since replaced the floppy with a blank faceplate.

Frontsmllv1000.jpg

nice lina li :()

anywho, coolermaster makes brushed al. faceplates for your dvd/cd drives, etc.

you can find them on the net and my local pcclub and compussr have them in stock.

otherwise, go black. I did, and I'll never go back!!!

RGFrog said:
nice lina li :()

anywho, coolermaster makes brushed al. faceplates for your dvd/cd drives, etc.

you can find them on the net and my local pcclub and compussr have them in stock.

otherwise, go black. I did, and I'll never go back!!!

lol i have 2 black cases and i still bought the silver LianLi. i'm getting ready to order a black v1000 tho cause they look pimp next to silver ones.

My case used to be beige, but I spray painted it a textured black when I built my new machine. I've still go teh beige CD drive and haven't gotten around to painting it yet. But. it is a long weekend so I just might take care of that.

Back