Question about Server 2003 GP

I am trying to load an image to use as a screensaver over a whole domain, how can I go about doing this under group policy? I can't seem to figure it out.

An image as a screensaver?

? or you mean use an image as a wallpaper ?

Yes, I actually do this myself.

Look in:

Local Computer Policy\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display

then find:

Screen saver executable name

There you have it!

This is where I went:

image1-1.jpg

image2.jpg

Thing is I want to use a logo as the screensaver and the exec field asks for a .scr extension. Where do I go from here?

You cant use a logo (graphic) as a screensaver, you need to have a screensaver file (.scr) to set as the screensaver in the GPO, and the file should exist on each and every machine (no sense having machines try to run it off a server share)

Theres a few apps out there that you can purchase to create your own screensaver

Correct, you cannot use an image file itself.

Here is a screenshot I have taken with where I made the change:

screensaver.jpg

I'm not sure how a static image saves screens... Think about the logic behind a screensaver and you'll understand why you can't use a static image as one. :)

I'm not sure how a static image saves screens... Think about the logic behind a screensaver and you'll understand why you can't use a static image as one. :)

Yea I understand that but I would imagine you could have it move around like the windows logo. I guess I'm going to have to create a screensaver sometime...any program ideas?

Back