• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about my Rig (Adding bluray)

4LC4PON3

DERP!
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
4,230
Ok I want to add a Bluray drive to my rig and im wondering this. Is there anything im going to need to upgrade to run a Bluray Drive.

Will I need to up my video card to something more high end (DX11). Im not 100% sure I just want to make sure before I buy a bluray drive and then I need to upgrade something to use it.

Also what brand or drive should I consider. Are they all basicly the same? I have ALOT of blurays I just want a drive that will give me the best picture.

I havent researched bluray drives so im going to say up to 150 max.
 
Your current GPU should be fine. Just get Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre for blu-ray playback. Blu-ray drive wise, make absolutely sure that the drive is compatible with Windows 7.
 
Back
Top