• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about HDD

digitalnerd

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Messages
1,175
I have a desktop computer which I pulled the hard drive from...

Instead of putting it back into the computer, my question is.. is there some sort of case that I can get to transform my hard drive into a usb storage device?

Without putting it back into my computer I just have a few pictures on there that I dont want to lose but I dont want the hassle of pulling out the comp, unplugging, opening, you get my drift.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
Thanks so much.

So do I just open it up and put the hard drive in? And do I need to get anything for the hard drive itself to be able to convert it over to a usb?
 
I mean the hard drive that I pulled from my computer... I have documents, pictures and some misc things that I dont want to lose so I want to convert this into a usb storage so I dont have to reinstall the hard drive by opening the computer up.
 
As Jospeh said, nope, just plug it in and it should work. dejavu...

USB is plug & play, and the drive is already formatted from when you used to use it in your system, so there is nothing more you need to do.
 
Okay but my hard drive isnt a usb port, its an IDE.. I dont think I'm explaining myself well.

How do I get my IDE hard drive to work as a usb storage device?
 
Again dude, just buy an enclosure that supports IDE and has USB. Plop it like everyone else said and you're set.

The link I provided earlier has a filtering option for IDE and Usb external enclosures.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
the enclosure itself has the adapter built in ........to convert your drive. to usb. make more sense?
 
Back
Top